    contain the file. Retry just repeats the error. I went through the install 3
    times. Tried searhing for this error in technical support with no luck. Any
    suggestions?

    Allen, May 18, 2008

  2. Allen

    Michael T. Guest

    "Allen" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi,
    >
    > Didn't find any reference to the following error I'm getting when
    > installing
    > XP SP3. The installation complains about installing the beethov9.wma file
    > saying it couldn't copy the file. The path that it is using does indeed
    > contain the file. Retry just repeats the error. I went through the install
    > 3
    > times. Tried searhing for this error in technical support with no luck.
    > Any
    > suggestions?

    Check this out.
    "An Error occurred while copying file beethov9.wma."
    http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=964895

    Michael T., May 18, 2008

  3. Are you attempting to install SP3 via Windows Update or manually?

    See this archived discussion:
    http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.windowsupdate/browse_frm/thread/720f38cc13b9f693

    ===============================

    How to troubleshoot an unsuccessful installation of WinXP SP3
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718

    http://msmvps.com/blogs/harrywaldro...requisites-for-a-successful-installation.aspx

    Steps to take before you install WinXP SP3
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950717

    Error message when you try to install WinXP SP3: "Access is denied" or
    “Service Pack installation did not completeâ€
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/949377

    Also see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950718 (ignore the subject)

    ================================

    e-mail support is available only in the United States and Canada.

    • US:
    http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-us&prid=11273&gprid=522131

    • CA:
    http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-ca&prid=11273&gprid=522131

    • UK:
    http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-gb&prid=11273&gprid=522131

    • AU:
    http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?ln=en-au&prid=11273&gprid=522131

    • Other: http://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?gprid=1173 | select
    Windows XP | select Windows XP Service Pack 3
    --
    ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
    AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net

    PA Bear [MS MVP], May 18, 2008
  4. Michael T. wrote:
    > "Allen" <> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Didn't find any reference to the following error I'm getting when
    >> installing
    >> XP SP3. The installation complains about installing the beethov9.wma file
    >> saying it couldn't copy the file. The path that it is using does indeed
    >> contain the file. Retry just repeats the error. I went through the
    >> install
    >> 3
    >> times. Tried searhing for this error in technical support with no luck.
    >> Any
    >> suggestions?
    >>

    > Check this out.
    > "An Error occurred while copying file beethov9.wma."
    > http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=964895

    That's from Windows Update newsgroup, in fact:
    http://groups.google.com/group/micr...35d?lnk=gst&q="beethov9.wma"#0024f0c0547a135d

    PA Bear [MS MVP], May 18, 2008
  5. Allen

    Michael T. Guest