Installation Message

Bruce A. Julseth

I have just installed MS Office XP Professional. Each time I start a
component, ie. Word, Access, I get a dialog that states "Preparing to
install", followed by a messasge states, "Please wait while Windows
configures Microsoft Office XP." Then a message, "Gathering information"
over a "Measurement Thermometer" runs a two or three times, then product
comes up..

What do I need to configure to keep this dialog form appearing?

Thank you...

TF

Did you do a complete install or did you select some components to 'install
on first use'?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: What do I need to configure to keep this dialog form appearing?
:
: Thank you...
:
:

TF

Bruce

There is a 2 MSKB articles on this but for some reason I cannot access the
MSKB site at the moment. See if you can get and search.

Terry

: "TF" <terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom> wrote in message
: : > Did you do a complete install or did you select some components to
: 'install
: > on first use'?
: >
:
:
: I did a complete install..
:
:
: > --
: > Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: > http://word.mvps.org/
: >
: > : > :I have just installed MS Office XP Professional. Each time I start a
: > : component, ie. Word, Access, I get a dialog that states "Preparing to
: > : install", followed by a messasge states, "Please wait while Windows
: > : configures Microsoft Office XP." Then a message, "Gathering
: information"
: > : over a "Measurement Thermometer" runs a two or three times, then
product
: > : comes up..
: > :

TF said:
Bruce

There is a 2 MSKB articles on this but for some reason I cannot access the
MSKB site at the moment. See if you can get and search.

The 2 MSKB articles I found related to Office 2003. I have Office 2002. My
install was a "new" install, so I downloaded the latest service pack which
"SEEMS" to have fixed the problem.

Thanks for the comeback..

Bruce