Incoming Fax folders

Fred Farzan

I use Windows XP Professioal fax
Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633- Service Pack 1

When I try to print faxes, looks like the fax/ Image viewer tries to
render and enumerate all images in the folder.

This will slow down the process and takes all resources.
Is there anyway to avoid this enumeration and have the viewer just
render the selected file and print ??

Any help with this matter is appreciated.

Thanks
Fred

Fred Farzan

Russ:
Let's say you have 100 faxes in the folder.
Now you receive a new one and try to print.
I double click the fax and "Windows Picture and Fax viewer" program
shows up with the Fax page.

Now I click the "Print" Icon, Then Photo Printing Wizard application
shows up and I click "Next" the screen show a Listing (With
Preview-ICON's) of all the faxes in the folder.

This process consumes lots of Physical memory and takes a long time,
depending what applications are open, and if any faxes were printed
just prior to this or not.

I am trying to avoid this rendering and display of all these
image-Icons.

Thanks

Russ Valentine said:
Cannot reproduce your findings. Provide more detail.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
Fred Farzan said:
I use Windows XP Professioal fax
Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633- Service Pack 1

When I try to print faxes, looks like the fax/ Image viewer tries to
render and enumerate all images in the folder.

This will slow down the process and takes all resources.
Is there anyway to avoid this enumeration and have the viewer just
render the selected file and print ??

Any help with this matter is appreciated.

Thanks
Fred

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

I don't get that at all on Office 2003. What Photo Printing application is
opening? What Office version (if any) are you running?
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Fred Farzan said:
I use Windows XP Professioal fax
Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633- Service Pack 1

When I try to print faxes, looks like the fax/ Image viewer tries to
render and enumerate all images in the folder.

This will slow down the process and takes all resources.
Is there anyway to avoid this enumeration and have the viewer just
render the selected file and print ??

Any help with this matter is appreciated.

Thanks
Fred

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Never mind. I went back to a long outdated partition and can see what you
mean now. Windows Picture and Fax Viewer invokes the Windows XP Photo
Printer Wizard when you open and print from the Fax Console. It will render
a thumbnail of every fax in the Inbox, but only select the one you are
trying to print. It adds a one or two seconds to the process and is
certainly unnecessary baggage. There is no workaround other than to archive
old faxes to another location and keep your Inbox lean.
The problem no longer exists with Office 2003 since MODI has replaced the

Fred Farzan said:
I use Windows XP Professioal fax
Build 2600.xpsp2.030422-1633- Service Pack 1

When I try to print faxes, looks like the fax/ Image viewer tries to
render and enumerate all images in the folder.

This will slow down the process and takes all resources.
Is there anyway to avoid this enumeration and have the viewer just
render the selected file and print ??

Any help with this matter is appreciated.

Thanks
Fred

Fred Farzan

I just realized that the problem is only with single page faxes.
When you try to print a single page fax (No Cover page), the Fax
printing wizard assumes that the fax page you are printing is only a
cover page, and all the single page images in the folder are pages
that follow this cover page.

This is why it tries to render all pages and prompts to select which
one ?
This seems tobe a bug in Win-XP fax or fax/ iamge view application.

Any help or workaround you may suggest ?

Thanks
Fred