inbox.com

Reaction score
:cry:My wife asked me to look at her PC as it was running slow, I ran CC Cleaner it made no difference so I than I run PrivaZer no difference so I reconed there must be spyware and or a virus. I then ran SUPERAntiSpyware that found 72 bits of crap and one virus. Not satisified with scan I ran Mailwarebytes, that found 175 naughties and one Trogon, I deleted all that, but I still have a problem. The problem the was caused I belive by a add on which Sarah downloaded or alloud to be downloaded called inbox which has installed its self on to Internet Express so when you click on to IE the address automaticly comes up in the address bar HOW DO I GET RID OF IT or how do I uninstall IE and replace with a clean version. I also just now have run Sophos Virus removal tool and that has not found anything untoward.:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Reaction score
:blush:Sorry I forgot to mention she is running Windows 7 Home edition 64bit and has MSE as an anti virus scanner.

Reaction score
From everything I can find on it, that's a real nasty you have yourself there. Have you tried running these scans in Safe Mode with Networking? A lot of times that will get at the virii a little better because they don't have a chance to load and lock files.

Reaction score
Thanks for the sugestion alow had not thought of that. Yes it is a real swine to get rid of.
:bow:

Reaction score
Tried that alow the dam thing is still there, I am trying todo a restor to ealier time, but do not know how long this thing has been on her PC. Any sugestions from any one greatfully recieved as I have gone through I know (which as every knows is very little):blush:

Reaction score
If this restoring files dosent work I will uninstall IE9 using the instructions I got from Microsoft help page.

To uninstall Internet Explorer
If you're trying to uninstall Internet Explorer because of an issue with the browser, first check to see if a solution is listed in Internet Explorer 9 Help and How-to.
The following instructions apply to both Windows 7 and Windows Vista.

1. Click the Start button
    4f6cbd09-148c-4dd8-b1f2-48f232a2fd33_818.jpg
    , type Programs and Features in the search box, and then click View installed updates in the left pane.
  2. Under Uninstall an update, scroll down to the Microsoft Windows section.
  3. Right-click Windows Internet Explorer 9, click Uninstall, and then, when prompted, click Yes.
  4. Click one of the following:
    • Restart now (to finish the process of uninstalling Internet Explorer 9 and restore the previous version of Internet Explorer).
    • Restart later

Reaction score
Just found out that does not get rid of inbox.com. I am stuymered how to get rid of their search page.:cry::cry::cry::cry: I am fed up and off to bed :cry::cry::cry::cry::mad::mad::mad:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I Have PC OCD, I'd have to format it! :blush:

Reaction score
I think that I will have to do a reinstallas PC now has difficulity to boot and takes forever, also I have a mirror image on a D drive and it will not recognise the drive.I have the boot and repair disc and it tells me that the OS has faults but cannot repair, so I think I am stuffed and will have to do a reinstall.Thanks for that Mr Mucks I had disabled IE and installed Waterfox.

Ask a Question