Inactive < OS/2 Boot Manager HELP appreciated

Reaction score
Hey, I'm new to this forum and i'm looking forward to a pleasant experience. The reason for myself joining this forum is that I have a computer problem.

I have a windows 98SE computer that I installed xp on. I used partition magic from Norton to make a separate partition on my HD. So it booted up in DOS and made a partition. When I booted up again with the windows cd in drive, it started installation. It asked me which partition. I scrolled down to the new partition I made and then noticed that my previous partition is inactive. I immediately cancelled installation and when I booted up with no cd, it says "operating system missing" so I was like what the heck. So right now, I'm installing XP.

Is there anyway for me to "activate" this partition so that I have both windows 98 and xp on my comp?
I know it sounds chessy to have 98 on my comp but it has been with me for the past 9 years.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Ask a Question