In the Market for a Graphics Card

Reaction score
Big Payday!:thumb: Might as well spend it. I'm looking for a new graphics card to replace this peice of $@!^ that I'm using now, and I'm wondering if anyone here could help me find what I'm looking for. So far, I've been unsuccessful...other than 1 which turned out to be a rip off. It wasn't 100 percent compatible as "promised" by the site I bought it from. And there went a wad of cash down the drain.

These are what I'd like in a new card.

• Manufacturer=Nvidia----Doesn't really matter.
  • Price=Below $110----I'd have more if it weren't for those damn rip off artists.
  • Memory=256MB or greater
  • Interface Type=PCI----NOT PCI-E!!!!!
  • Connectivity=1 VGA connector required. Nothing extra is needed/wanted.
  • Other=Functions necessary for pixel shading in newer/new"ish" programs.
And of course, it must be compatible with my computer! I don't know if you could tell by the dxdiag report, but I've attached it anyways. Tell me, am I too picky? :p

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    50.2 KB · Views: 132

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
no AGP slot limits your upgrade potential

No, you ain't being picky, just waisting money ... sorry, but that PC, and I use that term lightly, needs replacing.

:thumb:

Reaction score
If you don't want to replace your PC,This is the kind of thing you would be looking at for a PCI card. It will do your basic functions, nothing more.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
sorry chap, even 7 years ago PCI cards werent worth it.
save the money, and keep adding to it - in time you'll have enough to build a monster :D

Reaction score
Ehhh....It's about time I sold this peice of junk anyways. I've got about $500 of extra spending money now...I'll need to start saving. Maybe I'll look into a laptop? Anyone have suggestions?

Ask a Question