In Outlook 2003, Stop Processing rules after Junk Email Found

G

Here might be an easy one, although long.

I have an install of Office 2003 that has multiple folders with a handful of rules that will examine incoming mail and redirect it. I have a few folders for newsgroups, and one for my personal account. I also share this PC with my wife, so under the Inbox I have a mail folder and she has a mail folder. In our rule set, the last two "If from account a place in folder a and stop processing more rules", the other one reads the same way for the other account. When I receive spam, the junk email rule is run first, and the message is placed in the junk email folder, however since there is not a stop processing more rules attached, it will continue to run rules and essentially move the junk mail back into one of the account folders I mentioned above. How can I get the junk mail to stop processing a message after it finds one? I was able to in Office XP, but MS removed the Junk Email field so I can't create that rule again.

Thank you,
Nathan

G

Since it has been a while I am going to bring this up to the top again.
Can anyone please help me on this?

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

The best practice in Ol2003 is leave the accounts all in the inbox and use
search folders to sort the mail by accounts - or create separate profiles.
You can't change how/when the junk rule runs in Outlook 2003.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours
Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)
Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide)

Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenote-tips.net/

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

Ask a Question