In Advanced Find how do I make "Search Subfolders" the default?

M

Mike_g

Currently every time I do an Advanced Find I have to check the "Search
Subfolders" block. Is there a way to make this the default?

B

Brian Tillman

Mike_g said:
Currently every time I do an Advanced Find I have to check the "Search
Subfolders" block. Is there a way to make this the default?

When I click Browse and check that box, Outlook remembers the setting. I've
enabled it and it's always enabled for me on Outlook 2003.

M

Mike_g

Sorry I did not make it cleat.
This worked on Office 2003, does not work on Office 2007.

E

Emily Lin [MSFT]

Hi Mike,

Yes, the situation you described in Outlook 2007 is normal. Advanced Find menu is now hidden from view in Outlook 2007. You can press
CTRL+SHIFT+F to get the 'Advanced Find' menu. However, if you want to search subfolders, you have to click the Browse button and checkmark
"Search subfolders" every time. By default, the option "Search subfolders" is not checked.

I do understand your concerns. From my point of view, I understand your feeling and how frustrated when you find that the search options
doesn't work like Outlook 2003. So, it is my pleasure to help you to reflect your recommendation to the proper department for their consideration.

In addition, please feel free to submit your suggestion on our product to the following link. Our Product Group reviews the suggestions submitted
by our customers. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

https://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?scid=sw;en;1208&showpage=1&ws=search

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emily Lin

Microsoft Online Partner Support
Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
====================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

--------------------
Thread-Topic: In Advanced Find how do I make "Search Subfolders" the default
thread-index: AcjW0KZSzQ1xfiVEQqiJDPxDAeoI0Q==
X-WBNR-Posting-Host: 207.46.192.207
References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: In Advanced Find how do I make "Search Subfolders" the default
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2008 07:35:01 -0700
Lines: 16
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="Utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Newsreader: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
Importance: normal
Priority: normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.00.3790.2992
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
Path: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl
Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.outlook.general:133477
NNTP-Posting-Host: tk2msftibfm01.phx.gbl 10.40.244.149
X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.outlook.general

Sorry I did not make it cleat.
This worked on Office 2003, does not work on Office 2007.

E

Emily Lin [MSFT]

Hi Mike,

I am writing as a courtesy to follow-up on this issue. Do you have any problem at this time? If so, please let me know at your earliest
convenience. I am waiting for your reply.

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,

======================================================
When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
======================================================

--------------------
X-Tomcat-ID: 44997215
References: <[email protected]> <[email protected]> <2B598B53-4125- (e-mail address removed)>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Organization: [Microsoft]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 06:40:56 GMT
Subject: Re: In Advanced Find how do I make "Search Subfolders" the default
X-Tomcat-NG: microsoft.public.outlook.general
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
Lines: 80
Path: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl
Xref: TK2MSFTNGHUB02.phx.gbl microsoft.public.outlook.general:133680
NNTP-Posting-Host: tk5tomimport2.phx.gbl 10.201.218.20

Hi Mike,

Yes, the situation you described in Outlook 2007 is normal. Advanced Find menu is now hidden from view in Outlook 2007. You can press
CTRL+SHIFT+F to get the 'Advanced Find' menu. However, if you want to search subfolders, you have to click the Browse button and checkmark
"Search subfolders" every time. By default, the option "Search subfolders" is not checked.

I do understand your concerns. From my point of view, I understand your feeling and how frustrated when you find that the search options
doesn't work like Outlook 2003. So, it is my pleasure to help you to reflect your recommendation to the proper department for their consideration.

In addition, please feel free to submit your suggestion on our product to the following link. Our Product Group reviews the suggestions submitted
by our customers. Your feedback is valuable for us to improve our products and increase the level of service provided.

https://support.microsoft.com/common/survey.aspx?scid=sw;en;1208&showpage=1&ws=search

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emily Lin

When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue.

--------------------

E

EH

Hi Emily:

Is there any plans on "fixing" this problem? It was included in all
previous versions of Outlook and based on the newsgroups, there are many
people interested in having the functionality restored in Outlook 2007

"Emily Lin [MSFT]" said:
Hi Mike,

Regards,

Emily Lin

--------------------

C

Charlie Arehart

About this annoying problem, I followed the suggestion above from Emily Lin to post the feedback to an offered MS support page. Sadly, the folks responding to that were pretty useless, to be honest ("I have included some self-help resources that may address your issue, and information on how to contact Technical Support.")

The one piece of good news is that when I pressed, they instead suggested we report the issue on this page, where they're tracking feedback for the next release:

https://feedback.office.microsoft.c...ort.microsoft.com/gp/cp_off2007_master&scrx=1

That is a very simple place to a) select Outlook as the product and b) enter a brief description of our beef. Seems the place to go vote.

Ask a Question