Images not appearing in email until replied or forwarded

Erimikos

One of the computers in our network, running Windows XP, and Office
2003, recently started having a strange issue..

The user is unable to embedded images in messages that are sent to
her, and just gets the image placeholder box with the red x. This is
what she sees in the preview window, and if she double-clicks the
message.

However, if she presses 'reply' or 'forward', she can see the images
fine in the compose window...

Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this? I am having
trouble finding anything..

Thanks,
Dennis

Erimikos

One of the computers in our network, running Windows XP, and Office
2003, recently started having a strange issue..

The user is unable to embedded images in messages that are sent to
her, and just gets the image placeholder box with the red x. This is
what she sees in the preview window, and if she double-clicks the
message.

However, if she presses 'reply' or 'forward', she can see the images
fine in the compose window...

Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this?    I am having
trouble finding anything..

Thanks,
Dennis

Anyone?

Joined
Aug 1, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
no images until message replied or forwarded

Erimikos said:
On Dec 20, 9:18*am, Erimikos wrote:
> One of the computers in our network, running Windows XP, and Office
> 2003, recently started having a strange issue..
>
> The user is unable to embedded images in messages that are sent to
> her, and just gets the image placeholder box with the red x. This is
> what she sees in the preview window, and if she double-clicks the
> message.
>
> However, if she presses 'reply' or 'forward', she can see the images
> fine in the compose window...
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what would cause this? * *I am having
> trouble finding anything..
>
> Thanks,
> Dennis

Anyone?

I'm having the same issue on 3 networked PCs in our office. Does anyone have an answer?

The images are blocked in email but appear when you click reply or forward. Very bizarre! Doing some research I haven't found any other site with the same issue. Several "red X means image didn't get forwarded" but they did! They're there in the forward! HELP ME DANG IT!! LOL