Windows XP IE6 temporary internet files disappearing!

Reaction score
Hi,

i've written a .NET web app that generates some files and transmits them to the client browser.. the user then has the ability to save the file to disk or to open the file directly. All works fine with Firefox, but with IE6, i have a problem with directly opening the file (saving to disk is fine).

THe problem is that when the application is started, it tries to load the file from cache (the temp internet files folder) but it complains that the file is missing. If the application (e.g. Word) is *already open* when I choose to open the file from IE6, the file opens fine.

So the problem is browser specific and relates to the deleting of cached temporary internet files. There's nothing in the IE6 settings that I can see would make a difference (e.g. cache size, location etc).

Does anyone have any suggestions as to why the temporary internet file may be going missing in this case? As I said, Firefox works fine.

Ask a Question