IE6 Open in new window problem

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a laptop computer running windows xp sp2 and using IE6 as the web browser. According to the user they applied some windows updates when the little bubble telling them updates were ready for their computer and since then whenever the open a new window in internet explorer, between 45 and 100 ie windows open. All the windows are blank. I ran Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D and they did not find anything but some tracking cookies. The system is running Norton Antivirus and has the most recent virus definitions. So I am guessing it is not spyware or a virus though I can't discount that.

Has anyone else had this issue and or know of a solution?

As long as the user of the pc doesn't open a new window (file->new window, clicking a favorite, etc.) they are fine. But once they click a favorite or a link that opens in a new window it is game over for that IE session. It is easier to reboot the computer than it is to try and close the windows.

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Ask a Question