IE6.0 download as JPG vs BMP

starliftervulcan

I have XP Pro on a Gateway. I used to be able to
download check images from my Bank as either JPG or BMP.
Suddenly I only have BMP option. I think this happened
after one of my recent "security patch updates". I
beleive the patch also reset some Screen Resolution
settings. I have another machine with Win 2000 that
still allows JPG or BMP optin with my bank.

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP

I have XP Pro on a Gateway. I used to be able to
download check images from my Bank as either JPG or BMP.
Suddenly I only have BMP option. I think this happened
after one of my recent "security patch updates". I
beleive the patch also reset some Screen Resolution
settings. I have another machine with Win 2000 that
still allows JPG or BMP optin with my bank.

That happens when the Temporary Internet Files are too full. In IE click
Tools | Internet Options. Click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet
files section of the General tab. On the nest window place a check mark in
the box to Delete all offline content.

Matt Burke

RE: Saving JPGS forced as untitled.bmp

I've tried many times deleting my cache but nothing has
worked.
However here's a new question that no one seams to have
raised.

Why can download piccies fine on one server, a WIN2k but
not another server WIN2k again BUT the difference being
it's on a internal ip address.

Does this problem have something to do with the server the
images are coming from?

If so, is it a firewall issue or a IIS issue or [fill in
the gaps ]

Appreciate any help as people are beginning to think that
I built this bug into the intranet!

Cheers

Matt

Mike Burgess

Matt,
It's not a server issue (saving as: BMP) otherwise you would see no image at
all = "Red X"
In most cases it's a corrupt cache folder .....
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm
Mike Burgess [MVP Windows Shell\User] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/
Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm [updated 11-19-03]
Please post replies to this Newsgroup, email address is invalid
--

wrote in message news:004501c39f17$3065ada0 [email protected]

That happens when the Temporary Internet Files are too full. In IE click
Tools | Internet Options. Click Delete Files in the Temporary Internet
files section of the General tab. On the nest window place a check mark in
the box to Delete all offline content.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com