IE help

G

I wonder if someone can help
I am using IE 6.0 and recently, without doing anything different to my settings,I get the following message box when I close IE and wait for just a minute or two then try open IE again to go to a web site):

Work offlin
No connections to the internet is currently available. To view internet content that has been saved on your computer, click work offline
[work offline] [try again

I have never worked offline and, before now, never have checked "work offline". I have tried every setting I can find to try and make IE stay connected, but nothing works

The only thing I can imagine that I did to change IE from the way things were before these messages started coming was download a security up date for Windows but, I am almost sure that was a week or two before this started happening

I also made one other change, updating my Norton Antivirus. But the above message continues to come up when I disable Norton and when I disable my Zone Alarm too (both of which worked perfectly fine with IE for years before)
I can't figure out what's happening. I would appreciate any suggestions
Thanks
Max

G

I am having the same problem after upgrading to explorer 6.0. Also, when I work in word the dialogue box also keeps coming up continually to work offline or try again. This is very annoying to say the least. I have not changed any settings. What can I do to avoid this dialogue box from always coming up? I'm disgusted with Explorer 6.0 and this difficulty. Please any assistance would be appreciated.

G

Doran
as soon as I find out what to do I'll let you know
Ma

----- Doran wrote: ----

I am having the same problem after upgrading to explorer 6.0. Also, when I work in word the dialogue box also keeps coming up continually to work offline or try again. This is very annoying to say the least. I have not changed any settings. What can I do to avoid this dialogue box from always coming up? I'm disgusted with Explorer 6.0 and this difficulty. Please any assistance would be appreciated.

Ask a Question