    Enabling, then disabling Content Control,
    And resetting IE from Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab

    None of this worked, any suggestions?

    Heiji1412, Oct 13, 2008

  2. Heiji1412

    Alan Edwards Guest

    Please try the IE7 group.
    The recommended newsgroup is microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

    In a proper newsreader:

    If you must use a web interface:
    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

    ....Alan
    http://dts-l.com/index.htm

    On Sun, 12 Oct 2008 17:11:02 -0700, in
    microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6.browser, Heiji1412

    Alan Edwards, Oct 13, 2008

  3. Heiji1412

    nass Guest

    "Heiji1412" wrote:

    > I'm using IE7. Recently I can't save web pages with IE, because the option is
    > greyed out, along with work offline, show menu bar and some others.
    >
    > I have tried,
    >
    > Emptying the browser cache,
    > Resetting security settings,
    > Enabling, then disabling Content Control,
    > And resetting IE from Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab
    >
    > None of this worked, any suggestions?

    Open a run command and type in:
    regedit click [OK} and locate this key:

    [-]HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software \ Policies \ Microsoft \ Internet Explorer \
    Restrictions=
    "NoBrowserOptions" Delete this Entry.
    Close the Registry and Reboot your machine, are you able to access the IE
    Options?

    Run a thorough scan by doing the following steps:
    1... First, try to clean up your caches, Internet files and delete cookies
    by doing this:
    Click Start >> Control Panel >> Double click Network and Internet
    Connections >> Double click Internet Options.
    On the IE properties windows you will see these Tabs:
    General | Security | Privacy | Content | Connections | Programs |
    Under General Tab clear your History, Internet Files and Cookies.
    Then click on Advanced tab and scroll down to under the Browsing Option:
    [&] Browsing
    [ ] Enable Third-Party browser extensions (Req Rest) uncheck this box.
    Then click on Programs Tab and click Manage Add-Ons and Disable all non
    Verified Add-Ons (You should Renable them later one-by-one and see the
    culprit and update it or remove it.
    How to manage Add-Ons:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883256
    Scan for malware from here:
    SuperAntispyware - Free
    http://www.superantispyware.com/superantispywarefreevspro.html
    http://www.malwarebytes.org/rr-update/rr-free-setup.exe
    http://onecare.live.com/site/en-gb/default.htm?s_cid=sah

    Run a scan from here on-line:
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym
    Download Avast Cleaner (offline scanner) from here:
    Comodo BOClean : Anti-Malware Version 4.27
    http://www.comodo.com/boclean/boclean.html

    Run disk clean up on your Drive.
    You can download this tool o run clean up:
    http://www.ccleaner.com/download/builds/downloading-slim
    Run Disk Clean Up on your Drive.
    HTH,
    nass
    ---
    http://www.nasstec.co.uk

    nass, Oct 13, 2008
  4. Heiji1412

    Heiji1412 Guest

    I've posted the topic in ths suggested group.

    Heiji1412, Oct 13, 2008
  5. Well, yes, but you neglected to state your IE version, your full Windows
    version, and what options are greyed-out in your new thread.

    PA Bear [MS MVP], Oct 14, 2008