IE fatal Error

Dear friends,
when I start my home PC, there is a warning message "there is a fatal error
in IE..." on the desktop. Please help.

Thanks Don. It's Windows XP.
The error message happened at Startup on screen, there are heaps of warning
as below in blue:
A fatal error in IE has occured at 0028:C0011E36 in VXD UMM(01) + 00010E36.
Error was cuased by Trojan-4y.HTML.Smitfraud.C.

*System can not function in normal mode. Please check your security settings.
* Scan you PC with any availiable antivirus/spyware remover to fix the
problem.

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
This will require some troubleshooting:
276393 - Understanding and Troubleshooting Unrecoverable Errors (Faults) in
Internet Explorer: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=276393

Reinstalling IE may help. Which version of Windows?

Don
[MS MVP- IE/OE]