IE 9 cannot finish installing...

webster72n

Why wouldn't IE 9 install on my Vista Home Premium, SP2, 32 bit?
I downloaded the exe. file from Microsoft's home site.
My current browser is IE 8, besides others.
Should I wait for Windows Update to deliver it?
Thanks,

Harry.

totfit

Why wouldn't IE 9 install on my Vista Home Premium, SP2, 32 bit?
I downloaded the exe. file from Microsoft's home site.
My current browser is IE 8, besides others.
Should I wait for Windows Update to deliver it?
Thanks,

Harry.

Did it ask you to restart and leave a link for you to check on your
desktop as far as possible issues? One issue may be your firewall.
There are others, but typically this is the primary issue that kills
the installation and/or download of files.

webster72n

"totfit" wrote in message

Why wouldn't IE 9 install on my Vista Home Premium, SP2, 32 bit?
I downloaded the exe. file from Microsoft's home site.
My current browser is IE 8, besides others.
Should I wait for Windows Update to deliver it?
Thanks,

Harry.

Did it ask you to restart and leave a link for you to check on your
desktop as far as possible issues?

Yes it did, but I wasn't able to identify the hindering issue.

One issue may be your firewall.

I will try disabling the firewall temporarily and see if that helps.
The download proceeds to about 1/8th of the way and then stops.

There are others, but typically this is the primary issue that kills
the installation and/or download of files.

Thanks for the assistance.

Harry.

webster72n

Come to think of it, the firewall would let me decide if it were necessary
to allow this program, and I did try to install with the antivirus disabled,
unsuccessfully, I might add.
All five or six instances given by MS for installation problems don't
pertain to my case, so I will have to wait for Windows Update, I gather.

"webster72n" wrote in message

"totfit" wrote in message

Why wouldn't IE 9 install on my Vista Home Premium, SP2, 32 bit?
I downloaded the exe. file from Microsoft's home site.
My current browser is IE 8, besides others.
Should I wait for Windows Update to deliver it?
Thanks,

Harry.

Did it ask you to restart and leave a link for you to check on your
desktop as far as possible issues?

Yes it did, but I wasn't able to identify the hindering issue.

One issue may be your firewall.

I will try disabling the firewall temporarily and see if that helps.
The download proceeds to about 1/8th of the way and then stops.

There are others, but typically this is the primary issue that kills
the installation and/or download of files.

Thanks for the assistance.

Harry.

Drew

Not sure what is happening with your rig but I downloaded IE9 from its
website and installed it with no problems at all.. I actually forgot to turn
off any protection as well (firewall, antivirus and antispyware). Install
went fast and smooth.

Drew

as a added point.. I definitely would not advise "forgetting" like I did. I
just got lucky I guess.