IE 9 cannot finish installing...

webster72n

Problem solved:

After running command prompts sfc /scannow and chkdsk with negative results
in both cases, I activated the installation of IE 9 with the right-
click to run as administrator and, whollah, everything proceeded as smooth
as silk.
It seemed as though I had tried this before without success, but cannot be
sure.

At any rate, IE 9 is working beautifully now.

Thanks for your helpful participation, totfit and Drew.

Harry.

webster72n

"Drew" wrote in message
Anytime.. I hope something I said helped

It definitely helped me to work a little harder to find the solution
<grin>.