IE 8 internet works and mail does not.

bigfist

Recently upgraded laptop to IE8, lost ability to receive and send email in
Windows Mail. Accesses internet (wireless and hard wired) okay, can access
email - send and receive - on Comcast home page, but not using Windows. POP3
and smtp settings are correct. Home desktop works fine, too. Any ideas?

Gary VanderMolen

Do you get an error message when you try to send or receive? If so, right-click
on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply here. We can't do much
troubleshooting without the complete error message.

Also try sending a message to yourself.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"bigfist" wrote in message
Recently upgraded laptop to IE8, lost ability to receive and send email in
Windows Mail. Accesses internet (wireless and hard wired) okay, can access
email - send and receive - on Comcast home page, but not using Windows. POP3
and smtp settings are correct. Home desktop works fine, too. Any ideas?

Andreas baier