IE 7 Window Size

  • Start date Start date

Greg

Question about the internet explorer window size. When opening up a new
browser window, it is small. I want to resize it and make it that size the
next time new internet explorer window opens up. This small window only
happens when, for example, I open up messenger and then am prompted that I
have new hotmail. the ie window opens up and that is when it is small. it
doesn't show the small window when I simply double click the ie icon on the
desktop. I've tried to stretch the window, close it and then re-open it.
that doesn't seem to work.

I am running XP MCE and IE 7.

Thanks,
Greg

Hi,
Open a webpage. Stretch it out to fullsize. Don't use maximize.
Choose any link on that webpage and right-click> open in a new window.
Stretch that second window out to the desired size- don't use maximize.
Close the first IE window. Then close that second resized window.

To always get a true maximized window...
AutoSizer 1.4- http://www.southbaypc.com/AutoSizer/
IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

Additional information at:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/ietips.htm >>> Opening
Internet Explorer Full Size
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/IEFAQ.htm >>> Tip #6
http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers/30.html

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

Thanks. That fixed it. That was a pain. Always opening a new window and
having to resize it. I'll have to copy and save your instructions.

Greg said:
Question about the internet explorer window size. When opening up a new
browser window, it is small. I want to resize it and make it that size
the
next time new internet explorer window opens up. This small window only
happens when, for example, I open up messenger and then am prompted that
have new hotmail. the ie window opens up and that is when it is small. it
doesn't show the small window when I simply double click the ie icon on the
desktop. I've tried to stretch the window, close it and then re-open it.
that doesn't seem to work.

I am running XP MCE and IE 7.

Thanks,
Greg

You're welcome. Glad it was that easy. ;-)

Don

Greg said:
Thanks. That fixed it. That was a pain. Always opening a new window and
having to resize it. I'll have to copy and save your instructions.

Hello Don

Thank you for that tip. It solved my problem also.

sn from japan

"Greg" <greghays[at]cox.net> wrote in message
Question about the internet explorer window size. When opening up a
new
browser window, it is small. I want to resize it and make it that size
the
next time new internet explorer window opens up. This small window
only
happens when, for example, I open up messenger and then am prompted that
have new hotmail. the ie window opens up and that is when it is small. it
doesn't show the small window when I simply double click the ie icon
on
the
desktop. I've tried to stretch the window, close it and then re-open it.
that doesn't seem to work.

I am running XP MCE and IE 7.

Back
Top