ICS client Browsing problems

G

Not sure if anyone can Help. Have two XP PCs one is setup as an ICS host the other as an ICS client. UP until recently the ICS client could browse the internet through the ics host no problems. Now no webbsites can be accesed except 2 i have found being google.com or .co.uk or altavista. The ICS client can ping an outside IP fine via an IP or via domain name so DNS is working ok. The internet browsing from the ICS host is fine.
IVe checked the security settings in internet explorer for zones etc, tried disabling/reenabling internet connection sharing and checked the ics log but all seems ok IT seems that the ICS Host is not proxying the requests proply for the ics client.
One thing which i did notice is that the ICS host did have some sort of mywebsearch bar as a Toolbar in IE. I removed this in add remove programs but still the same after for the ICS client.

N

NobodyMan

Not sure if anyone can Help. Have two XP PCs one is setup as an ICS host the other as an ICS client. UP until recently the ICS client could browse the internet through the ics host no problems. Now no webbsites can be accesed except 2 i have found being google.com or .co.uk or altavista. The ICS client can ping an outside IP fine via an IP or via domain name so DNS is working ok. The internet browsing from the ICS host is fine.
IVe checked the security settings in internet explorer for zones etc, tried disabling/reenabling internet connection sharing and checked the ics log but all seems ok IT seems that the ICS Host is not proxying the requests proply for the ics client.
One thing which i did notice is that the ICS host did have some sort of mywebsearch bar as a Toolbar in IE. I removed this in add remove programs but still the same after for the ICS client.

If you have broadband, buy a router and dump the Internet Crap Sharing
software. ICS will give you nothing but headaches and is problematic
at best.

If you are on dialup, then you are stuck with ICS and endless
headaches - and you have my sympathy.

Ask a Question