I really fancy......

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I've made some samosas (although I cheated and bought the pastry!) and the Karahi Gosht in the slow cooker a couple of times :thumb:.

No you have not cheated, the Indians too do exactly that, it saves a lot of time and effort. ;)

I will post a recipe for Nihari, which is normally served for breakfast on a holiday. It is best to cook it in a slow cooker as it will taste much better. I will do some research on it and make sure the recipie appeals to most of our members. So give me time on the weekend and will post it:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Quad, I'm looking forward to trying it!

I'm making a curry right now as it happens, bought the ingredients in today after remembering this thread!

edit: crap... added too many chopped tomatos and now it's far too runny :fool:. Oh well, it may still taste nice.

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks Quad, I'm looking forward to trying it!

I'm making a curry right now as it happens, bought the ingredients in today after remembering this thread!

edit: crap... added too many chopped tomatos and now it's far too runny :fool:. Oh well, it may still taste nice.

Rapid boil with the lid off to reduce/add a few red lentils to thicken up/ add little balls formed from blended plain flour and butter and stir.

Possible disadvantage: more filling when munched.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Rapid boil with the lid off to reduce/add a few red lentils to thicken up/ add little balls formed from blended plain flour and butter and stir.

Possible disadvantage: more filling when munched.

Yeah had it boiling with the lid off to reduce it a bit - looks a bit better now, but very saucy :lol:. 5 mins till it's done :dance:.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I stated this years ago , but just to reaffirm if anyone else is in the same non-palette state..
I hate curries !!! why :blush:

Last edited:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I stated this years ago , but just to reaffirm if anyone else is in the same non-palatte state..
I hate curries !!! why :blush:

Why indeed? :confused:

I don't like avocados, cucumber or tripe - why?

The answer is the palette one was given when one was born, one supposes ;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
If I were given a choice between curry and fish and chips, I would go for the fish and chips! Go figure :lol:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By Quads
If I were given a choice between curry and fish and chips, I would go for the fish and chips! Go figure :lol:

Now..thats a great answer :thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
As for fast track food as so eloquently offered by Flops and V_R ..Mushrooms travel through me as new :drool:

Ask a Question