I quit smoking tomorrow......oh no!!

Reaction score
Like Feckit says, whenin doubt come on here for some cyber TLC..Just think yer average fag takes about 6 minutes to smoke..And yer average post on here takes much the same time..lol unless yer psd99 then it could take a bit longer..hahahaha sorry psd99

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Good luck Waynos - stick with it and you will look back in years to come and realise it was the best decision you ever made :nod:

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Well this is hard, really hard, i just want to smash something, arghhhhh.

Going to go to sleep soon, thanks again for all the best wishes.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Of course it's hard. You are going to experience mental turmoil for quite some time. Despair, frustration, agony. Do it.

But it gets better. There will come a time when your sense of smell really gets quite keen. A little too keen sometimes, lol, if you're in a queue you can tell who hasn't used deodorant and who smokes just with your nose.

Some smokers really stink, actually.

And after a while your food will suddenly come alive.

Me mate's Dad smoked a pipe for years. Where the pipe stem stuck into the inside of his cheek, the smoke flowed regularly. Eventually a cancerous growth appeared in that spot.

Too far gone for radio or chemotherapy, so they cut a hole in his cheek and rebuilt it with plastic surgery.

He doesn't smoke that pipe anymore.

This is possibly one of the hardest things you'll ever do in your life but believe me it's worth it.

Look, I'm old, I suffered illness, but I have so much energy since I quit, it's frightening sometimes :D

Sense of smell is now acute.

Can't say the sense of taste is good, however, as the radiotherapy destroyed most of my taste buds.

And that's just another thing that smoking does.

There's also thrombosis, smoking causes that, leg amputation anybody?

Hehe, smoking is good for you really, no, honest..... :lol:

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Well this is hard, really hard, i just want to smash something, arghhhhh.

Going to go to sleep soon, thanks again for all the best wishes.

MAte its only hard caue you are making it hard..Relax take a deep breath..Keep calm..Anger isn't the way to solve anything..

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
I know, i not going to smash anything but i keep thinking right i'll do this then go for a smoke, i actually get to the door before i remember and it annoys me, it really does.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
I know, i not going to smash anything but i keep thinking right i'll do this then go for a smoke, i actually get to the door before i remember and it annoys me, it really does.

Been there, done that - it's a shyte, ain't it? :lol:

Nobody said it was gonna be easy. You gonna crumble or you gonna give one finger to Doctor Death? :)

Reaction score
Just think how much more your other half will enjoy kissing you when you are done with that filthy habbit (smoking not kissing) It won't be like she is licking out a dirty ashtray anymore...lol..Positive mate, ya can do it..Ya got the whole crew behind ya...Only wish I had this much supprot when I stopped..

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
C'mon WF, you can do it. You've got the whole of PCR behind you so don't let us down.

Relax, find something to do with your hands (but keep it clean :D ), as part of the smoking routine is to hold the cig and move it up to your mouth.

And, think of the savings. I don't know how much fags cost but if we say £4 for 20 and you're on 8 a day thats 146 packs per year or £584 a year, or £17520 over the next 30 years if you live that long. I'm sure you could find a use for that amount.

Remember, 50% of smokers don't live long enough to collect their pension.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks again guys, well i made it through yesterday, how i don't know, the cravings are coming on faster today, its like every 5 minutes, go for a fag, go for a fag,

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Great job yesterday Waynos - keep it up mate we are all rooting for you :nod:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Keep going mate, you're doing a great job :D

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Am finding myself always hungry and drinking far too much tea, have gone through six packets of gum already today and about 20 cups of tea, no cigarettes though.

Feels like my eyes are gonna fall out my head.

Which isn't good.

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Oh well,

Day 2 is nearly over going to bed again, i hope tomorrow is a bit easier, although i am getting better at controlling the urges.

I'm eating a Ton of Haribo though.

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Oh well,

Day 2 is nearly over going to bed again, i hope tomorrow is a bit easier, although i am getting better at controlling the urges.

I'm eating a Ton of Haribo though.

Haribo Magic Mix are the best..Started eating them when I was quitting, and still eat them now...sort of think i'm addicted to them now...lol:lol:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Pears would be a better choice. They contain lots of antioxidents and will not lead to weight gain.

Keep busy.

Good luck.

happywave.gif

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Day 4 peeps!!!!!!

Think i am gonna make it, i didn't think the cravings would die down so fast, don't get me wrong i would still swop the girlfriend for a cigarette
laughingsmiley.gif
but i wouldn't kill you for one anymore.

Things are improving. Which is nice.

Off to play Football, as me and some friends have made a 6 a side team and today is our practice day.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Well done Squire :thumb:

With every day it will get better, believe me, but possibly for the rest of your life the craving will probably pop up right out of the blue when you're least expecting it.

I've been stopped 31 months now and about once every two weeks or so - a craving will strike. It doesn't last long, thank goodness, and it's usually when I get a bit bored.

You're doing well and we're proud of you :)

Reaction score
Waynos_Face said:
Day 4 peeps!!!!!!

Think i am gonna make it

Don't think mate...Know that you are going to do it...Thinking means you have doubt, having doubt means you don't put as much effort into what you want to achieve...You can and will do it..It will get easier with time..

Ask a Question