I play guitar .... but

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
tomsega said:
Meh. Obviously an outstanding guitarist, but I couldn't listen to that type of inane solo for more than 10 minutes without ripping my ears out. It reminds me of that bravado cock-rock of the 80's... or like the music you get in the character selection screen of old japanese arcade games like Virtua Tennis or Daytona USA - eurgh, shut UP now PLEASE!

Ha ha ha, good grief, I'm agreeing with tomsega, lol

Absolutely spot on mate.

There is more to music than technical perfection, passion, for one.

The vibe is all, sometimes the most badly recorded, grungiest crap ever can display more emotion than the most technically perfect set of licks ever.

I do believe Kurt Cobain understood that ethos, and many others.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
rock rock and more rock ... ;-)

Bah Humbug ... both of you.

:p

Reaction score
This is gonna sound stupid to you guys, but there is a bloke in the 6th form of my school, and he does that. I know that sounds stupid but he has recording contracts and stuff, plays all that mentally fast crap to an incredible degree.

those guitarists are a special breed. they do things like finger wieghts, and rituals and other really sad things.

In Japan a few years ago i recall some scientists made a robot guitarist that could go 4 times as fast as any living guitarist, and so really most of the immensely fast shredding means nothing.

A guitar should be used to express yourself, and if you express yourself in pointless long, drawn out solos with huge thumping 80's drums in the background then fine, but please do it somewhere away from me...

EDIT: wow that came out very badly. im just offending everybody with a different musical taste :X Sorry.

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
There is more to music than technical perfection, passion, for one.

I do believe Kurt Cobain understood that ethos, and many others.

Aah indeed. Take Joy Division and The Sex Pistols, for instance. The first were probably one of the most critically acclaimed bands of all time, and the latter were probably the most influencial and socially significant band of the past 35 years....both absolutely CRAP musicians.

More recently the White Stripes cant exactly play very well either, but give me that over The Darkness any day.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
oo-hoo, ts, oh yes

perfection, to me, is Hendrix

left handed, strings strung round the 'wrong' way

but, oh, what he done

man

And a million miles away from Hendrix, Joy Division & New Order as well

but I get the same vibe from both

Ask a Question