"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

No idea who you writing too.

I can be short:

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.

Demand specifications ! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

You’re the biggest ****up on the UseNet. Why do you want
specification for, you're too stupid to make anything out of them
anyway.

Get lost shit head,

The thing I still fail to understand is why there is anybody left who
hasn't killfiled him...

Skybuck Flying

Joe Pfeiffer said:
The thing I still fail to understand is why there is anybody left who
hasn't killfiled him...

For that you need to not be a moron ! ;) =D

Bye,
Bye,
AntiMoronSkybuck ! LOL ;) =D

Man-wai Chang

I check AMD X2 3800+ Manual that was deliver with my BOXED AMD X2 3800+
processor.

The manual mentions nothing about the stock cpu cooler and it's fan.

Please use AMD's website. And as long as you insert it into the proper
AM2 slot, there is really no need for further information.

Skybuck Flying

Man-wai Chang said:
Please use AMD's website. And as long as you insert it into the proper AM2
slot, there is really no need for further information.

Easier written then done !

Bye,
Skybuck.

Man-wai Chang

Please use AMD's website. And as long as you insert it into the proper AM2
Easier written then done !

Your complaint could just be simplified down to the size & arrangement
of the CPU slot! :)

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and farces be with you!

Skybuck Flying

Ok,

I think I love AMD now again ! ;) =D

There stock cooler and stock fan are real easy to clean !

So perhaps I didn't have to buy a new one... I don't have a new one so it
better work... but I do also still have the scythe zipang but it's large.

I made a whole lot of screenshots of the build process including some very
very very very interesting pictures of the stock cooler and fan and how to
open it and clean !

It's going to be awesome !

But for now I don't want to jinx it... and I will probably start posting
photo's when I am back behind my DreamPC again... unless something goes
terrible wrong ! ;) =D

So stay tuned... perhaps I will decide otherwise... but I want to give you
guys the full story... so it will probably be back up in a few days.

Because I am gonna let everything dry since I watch the stock cooler...

Hmm... I just had an idea... I could also wash the fans on the antec 1200
case...

But that's a bit too much work I think... so I am gonna let them be...

If it ain't broke don't fix it they say...

The cpu stock cooler was dirty though and it definetly needed a cleansing...
as well as the stock fan... it probably was so dirty because of oil i
dropped into it from outside which probably didnt work well and ofcourse
dust and probably transportation bus gasses or so it was pretty dirty... I
got a nice dirty screen shot for ya later on... "it looked like a dirty
pooper" I will write lol... I already blew most of the dust out of it but it
was still dirty... "dropping oil into heatsink and fan from outside not a
good idea, it makes sticky black droppings" ;) =D

I wish I could clean my antec 1200 case better... I probably could but to
much work..

I also noticed the ocz power supply has some gue in it here and there... I
don't like it... but it's probably to keep things in place during transport
or so... it also smells real bad... I guess it's new smell of all stuff...

So coming days I'll be venting my place well ! ;) =D

Everything coming together nicely... I do have to probably sticky tape some
cables on the back side of the motherboard or perhaps I will simply shut it
without the tape because the tape kinda sux and is annoying and some get
loose and makes it a bit messy it's also probably not needed except for a
few large parts or so ! ;) :)

So I'll probably re-do a section of the tapes as well.

So far it's all looking pretty good ! ;) =D

I hope this gonna be the best PC ever for me...

Oh by the way I also reconnected the 7-in-1 floppy drive... hopefully it
will work this time and also audio connectors and usb for front chasis,
pretty cool but I don't really need them so bad... but it's still kinda nice
to have fully functional machine... only thing not attached yet is audio
cable from dvd rom to motherboard... maybe I do that later too... not sure
if it's really needed... but probably need for music cd's... but I don't
have any but ok ;)

Actually that reminds me... I do have a dvd movie from somebody lieing
around here... but it will probably be played software wise... and data
wise... so audio cable probably not necessary. I am not even sure if I have
one... maybe it's already in other pc... I probably should one... I probably
had two.

Ok well later peeps... I've been real busy with all this stuff... it's
amazing how much time it costs... so it's a good idea to build a system
which lasts ! ;) =D

Yeah no more hot and dusty systems for me in the future, that's for sure...
and these power wall sockets are hopefully gonna get grounded soon ! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Man-wai Chang said:
Your complaint could just be simplified down to the size & arrangement of
the CPU slot! :)

Here is a better idea for the future:

1. Unscrew fan from heatsink.

2. Look at back of fan from heatsink.

3. It should have a sticker with information.

Perhaps try to find information on internet.

Fan sticker contains information for what kind of fan it is probably also
manufacturer or so... or serial numbers

It can probably be used to find more information on the internet or to track
it down on the internet to some website/manufacturer...

Haven't tried yet... because I cleaned everything and it will now probably
work as new ! ;) =D

(Still gotta oil it but will do so when everything is 100% dry... so I am
gonna let it dry for 2 or 3 days or so not to take any chances ;))

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Skybuck Flying said:
Ok,

I think I love AMD now again ! ;) =D

I am starting to hate them again...

The plastic mounting points of the heatsink just broke off...

I was standing diagonal... but that probably has nothing to do with it...

The screws didn't seem to go in well... maybe it's temperature difference.

Fortunate two holes remain I am gonna screw it in diagonal again..

If it breaks to fokking bad.

Final nail in the coffin for this overheating junk... I am done with
breaking fans and breaking little stupid plastic thingies...

I broke so many tiny little plastic thingies it's unreal ?! ;)

Pictures will follow soon ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Also the tiny little washer which I removed from the back of the fan
actually is necessary it seems otherwise the cpu fan won't spin up... or
barely...

So I re-attached it... it was off metal so fortunately it didn't break until
little paw bend a bit... pictures soon ;)

I tested it while holding my finder against the fan... I felt as I pressed
the fan inwards it tended to spin up... so if it's a bit outside it doesn't
do that which convinced me the little metal washer is necessary.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

I'm also taking my time this time... and not rushing it... god damn it yeah
! lol.. had to detach cables...

So hopefully last time to do this... gonna take my time screw in the fan
holder properly and then see what happens ;)

I can tell you one thing already the boot screen from the motherboard is
kinda amazing but was already also annoying me a bit it's different
everytime lol... but the first time was beautifull lol...

I got so much information/pictures/video's/soon-to-be-website for you guys !
WOW ! ;) =D amazing ;)

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Skybuck Flying

Wow something really strange happened...

This spark came from power outlet... and now nothing seems to work
anymore...

But I have it all on video...

Monitor would also not turn off...

Very strange things going on.

It didn't do that the first time gonna upload it.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Skybuck Flying said:
Wow something really strange happened...

This spark came from power outlet... and now nothing seems to work
anymore...

But I have it all on video...

Monitor would also not turn off...

Very strange things going on.

It didn't do that the first time gonna upload it.

Hmm I want to upload another video first, but it has my face on it, don't
want to be recgonized so gotta cut it out, but virtualdub can't save *.mov
files, and no other good video codecs install on PIII,

I want that video first to show that it was working, and then second video
when turning on weird stuff happened like monitor could not be turned off...
I have witnessed that before... probably a really weird electrical
phenomenon...

I suspect it has something to do with the shock and rest energy in cables.

Anyway after waiting a little and keep cables unplugged, and then replug em
all my system/dreampc 2006 now seems to work again.

However since hardware is newer than windows 7 I will probably have to setup
drivers manually...

So far windows was able to auto detect usb keyboard and mouse after a while
which allowed me to work with it...

Anyway the graphics card does not seem to support the special windows 7 gui
with glass and all or maybe that's a driver issue... I suspect driver issue.

Also strangely enough monitor was not yet recgonized...

and strangele enough some x-fi software tried to do update ?! maybe
something to do with audio onboard or something else...

Good news is 7-in-1 detected not tested yet but maybe it will work.

Annnnyyyywayyyyyyyy it's going to be a reeaaallly long time before I have it
working they way I want to.... I am definetly not looking forward to it...

This is the 4th windows machine I have to setup/install software was and
that is not counting all the other times for re-do's and virtual things and
what not...

It's a real drag and I'm getting to old for this shit I am in age range 30
to 40 ;)

So go figure ! ;) =)

Setting up windows 7 is borrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrinnnnnnnngggggggggggggggg.

Bye,
Skybuck.

miso

I check AMD X2 3800+ Manual that was deliver with my BOXED AMD X2 3800+
processor.

The manual mentions nothing about the stock cpu cooler and it's fan.

IT'S NOW OFFICIAL:

I HATE AMD AND I WILL NEVER BUY A PROCESSOR FROM THEM EVER AGAIN !
(AND YOU CAN SHOVE YOUR FOKKING USELESS STREAM/GRAPHICS CRAP UP YOUR ASS
TOO)

To other PROCESSOR MANUFACTURERS:

WHEN I BUY A PROCESSOR, HEATSINK AND FAN:

I EXPECT FULL SPECIFICATIONS IN THE MANUAL FAILURE WILL LEAD TO BAN FOR
EVER.

Goodbye,
  Skybuck.

Back in the day, you could buy true OEM AMD CPUs. Now you are stuck
buying their crappy fan and a CPU. I just give the fan away. I'm sure
big companies can get around this, but not the home computer builder.

You can see AMDs point. People were probably frying CPUs due to an
incorrect fan and then trying to get their money back. So AMD supplies
a minimal fan so at least the CPU won't become toast.

Shaun

Skybuck Flying said:
I check AMD X2 3800+ Manual that was deliver with my BOXED AMD X2 3800+
processor.

The manual mentions nothing about the stock cpu cooler and it's fan.

IT'S NOW OFFICIAL:

I HATE AMD AND I WILL NEVER BUY A PROCESSOR FROM THEM EVER AGAIN !
(AND YOU CAN SHOVE YOUR FOKKING USELESS STREAM/GRAPHICS CRAP UP YOUR ASS
TOO)

To other PROCESSOR MANUFACTURERS:

WHEN I BUY A PROCESSOR, HEATSINK AND FAN:

I EXPECT FULL SPECIFICATIONS IN THE MANUAL FAILURE WILL LEAD TO BAN FOR
EVER.

Goodbye,
Skybuck.

You Moron,

The only other CPU manufacturer is Intel and they make the best stuff,
they're also more expensive. Full specifications - what a load of crap, Do
you have any idea how many specs there would be from a cpu with Billions of
transistors in it. You would understand any of it anyway.
Your DreamPC is substandard, your using a ASROCK mini motherboard, if you
want to play with the big guns you have to go ASUS or Gigabyte. An AM2 is
nothing to write home about. Your DreamPC with likely fail again in the
near future because an idiot like you built it.

Shaun

Nobody > (Revisited)

Back in the day, you could buy true OEM AMD CPUs. Now you are stuck
buying their crappy fan and a CPU. I just give the fan away. I'm sure
big companies can get around this, but not the home computer builder.

You can see AMDs point. People were probably frying CPUs due to an
incorrect fan and then trying to get their money back. So AMD supplies
a minimal fan so at least the CPU won't become toast.

There are still ways of buying "OEM" (fanless) AMD CPUs, but there's not
much price advantage, and an even worse warranty issue.

OEM cpus (don't matter if AMD or Intel) at best carry a 90-day
warrantee. "Boxed Product" usually gives you at least a year.

Typically, all you save on $ is $10-20 (USD) by going the OEM route.

As for the cooler fan on "Boxed Product" AMD or Intel, they do work.
Often they are noise-y . So be it. I've yet to have any "quibbles" over
replacing a crap HSF with a "known-good" HSF on the few hassles on "not
the stock crap.

--
"Shit this is it, all the pieces do fit.
We're like that crazy old man jumping

Sum Ting Wong

Newegg will still sell you a few (but not most) AMD CPU models "bare" (no fan
included), but I expect your reasoning is correct -- for the few dollars saved
by not including a fan, it probably resulted in a lot of hassles with people
who fried the things.

Absolutely. Those first series AMD X2 64 class processors (socket 939)
were the epitome of Lesson Number 1 of heat source to heat sink mating
REQUIREMENTS.

You only get about 6 seconds before it fries. The earlier stuff (pre
x64) was even worse, and the fail would also carry through and fry your
MOBO too.

miso

  Absolutely. Those first series AMD X2 64 class processors (socket 939)
were the epitome of Lesson Number 1 of heat source to heat sink mating
REQUIREMENTS.

  You only get about 6 seconds before it fries.  The earlier stuff (pre
x64) was even worse, and the fail would also carry through and fry your
MOBO too.

One of the really early AMD CPUs was shipped in a manner where the
heat of the CPU was used to melt the heat sink compound. You build
enough systems and it all becomes a blur, but I'm sure it predated the
939. That is the heat sink compound was supplied "dry" so to speak,
and it got mushed when you fired up the CPU.

I think the 939s I built came with the heat sink, though I put
Zalman's on the them rather than the free heat sink. I take that
back. I originally use Gigabyte "rocket" fans, but one failed, so I
went Zalman. It was a lot of work since the Zalman required the mobo
to be pulled from the case.

I'm patiently waiting for the AMD bulldozers to come out.

Both mobos suffered from crappy Chinese cap syndrome, though it took a
few years for the caps to pop. That leaves me with two 939 CPUs and
not a mobo to be found.

Skybuck Flying

I'm starting to hate AMD again.

The DreamPC is now back together and cooler and nice then ever before I
guess except perhaps gaming performance.

So far all games are runnable at 30 fps.

Not all games because DX is missing but that will probably be fixed in the
near future.

Anyway the AMD CPU fan is spinning at 3000+ RPM and it's probably the source
of noise !

It's pretty annoying even with ear plugs in... though the case is still
open... hopefully that noise will go away when the case is closed.

If not I will have to find a way to lower it's RPM... however I fear the
motherboard has no futures for this.

Also there is now so much cool air going into the case that I must now worry
about hot, cold, hot, cold cycles which could burst chips or something.

So perhaps I should even set inlet fans at lowest speed which would be real
nice for noise... but I can't hear them already... too low air speed might
result into dust settling so that wouldn't be too good.

I also tested the USB 7-in-1 card reader and it's fricking working which is
really nice ! I connected it correctly the first time ! cool.

However it also worked the first time on my old dream pc hardware and then
stopped working... so will it continue to work ?! Time will tell ! ;) =D

So far I saw 3 demos from nvidia all run:

arienna, froggy, smoke

It was all cool, especially the adrienne and especially froggy... which was
awesome... but slapping frogs is a big no-no you bunch of animal molesters !
LOL.

I made video of it all to prove it.

Also to my surprise Quake 3 run pretty much perfectly at 1920x1200 at 60 fps
so I am happy about that...

At least I can quake well ! ;) =D

The transparent gui is also supported after installing the drivers so that's
working nicely... so far GT 520 tested.... the radeon gpu not tested yet...

The GT 520 is very interesting since it apperently supports 3D Vision !

Which is a big plus in my oppinion this allows me to probably enjoy 3D
movies like avatar and play 3D games or something... at least this allows me
to experiment with it... though I would need to buy glasses, which I will
probably do just for the kick of it ! So I don't need a tiny little fricking
nintendo 3DS to experience it ! COOOOOLL.

So the prospect of viewing 3D movies is pretty cool... Haven't tried playing
a movie yet, except my own H264 or x264 tank smasher video which didn't
play... not sure why.. maybe it needs dx drivers, this will probably be
resolved in near future.

Manuals were in pdf so couldn't read those since no acrobat on windows 7
yet... it needs to be installed first.

Also the asus cards comes with GamerOSD "on screen display" ??? I have no
idea how it works... I started it but then nothing... it's maybe for
capturing video of games.

The asus gt 520 silent card also came with "smart doctor" which is pretty
cool it allows easy overclocking/underclocking of graphics and it comes with
temperature meters which is real nice ! Now I can keep track of heat ! ;) =D

It did see that it goes up in heat quite fast to 40c or so... and the X-Fi
soundblaster is right below it so this is a bit worrieing... though the new
power supply sucks lot's of air too so perhaps it will suck some heat away
from the card... what it's exact temperature is during game still need to be
seen, the idea of under clocking the card for safety seems pretty cool to
me... I could then also use this for running cuda applications a long time !

The motherboard's software is also able to underclock the CPU and shows
wattage... for power efficiency... this is cool, unfortunately it does not
lower the cpu fan speed, cool n quiet in bios was on auto I set it to on...
the tool could probably change this itself... but still it doesn't control
the cpu fan.

Also 3 TB harddisks are probably supported which is nice info's for others
but for me I'm probably maxed out.. though I could still replace one HD
which had a bad sector... so I could still stuff 6 more GB into it by buying
new HD's if I want too or even wait for bigger hd's which is pretty cool.

Cables to power supply were detachable so nicely cleaned up it has enough
power cables for more harddisk/sata power cables as well as old ide power
cables, though sides have to be cut of from connectors if those are to be
stuck against the back motherboard plate to tuck them away.

I have plenty of sata cables... I got so many sata cables it's almost insane
;) =D

Also I couldn't actually see 3d vision in action it requires setup first...
of glasses maybe I could skip or fake it... I also tried red/green glasses
but didn't get past the setup screen... probably colors a bit off... but
it's probably doable.

Soundblaster also works nicely... I haven't tested yet with 4 GB enable in
windows... so far 2GB enabled...

I will test this later ofcourse as well to see if crackingly gone... maybe
if power sockets in wall are replaced the crackling will be gone... who
knows...
So far so good... no slow restart issue's so that's nice.

I will probably continue testing with booting into windows xp instead of
windows 7 to be able to test my old software configuration which was huge...
this would allow me to test a lot of stuff...

First I need to figure out how I want to do this.. via real hd which has a
bad sector or via vdh/virtual disk which has a copy of it... I haven't made
up my mind about that... I think it would be best via vhd but then I first
have to fix the boot menu which for some reason complains... it will also be
better via vdh I think since then I can proceed using that.

First I have to go stick cables against the back plate and then try and shut
(with doors) the pc for safety. I'm probably not gonna stick every cable
like last time... just that cables that need sticking.

So far everything is pretty good.

Only two things I am slightly disappointed about:

1. cpu fan spinning at full speed.

2. doom 3 run at 15 to 30 fps at 1920x1200 or so.. maybe even slower... but
that's not so bad for a passively cool card... it will probably run faster
at 640x480 or 800x600 or 1024x768 etc.

Bye,
Skybuck.