I NOW OFFICIALY HATE AMD

Skybuck Flying

I check AMD X2 3800+ Manual that was deliver with my BOXED AMD X2 3800+
processor.

The manual mentions nothing about the stock cpu cooler and it's fan.

IT'S NOW OFFICIAL:

I HATE AMD AND I WILL NEVER BUY A PROCESSOR FROM THEM EVER AGAIN !
(AND YOU CAN SHOVE YOUR FOKKING USELESS STREAM/GRAPHICS CRAP UP YOUR ASS
TOO)

To other PROCESSOR MANUFACTURERS:

WHEN I BUY A PROCESSOR, HEATSINK AND FAN:

I EXPECT FULL SPECIFICATIONS IN THE MANUAL FAILURE WILL LEAD TO BAN FOR
EVER.

Goodbye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

There is also nothing on the box/packing except the same useless crap in a
100 different languages, just like the fokking manual with the same useless
crap in a hundred different languages.

I HAVE SEEN ICECREAM PAPER with better specifications then YOUR AMD CRAP.

A BAN WELL DESERVED hahaha LOL.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Bart! said:
YOU are a TRUE IDIOT!

GET THE **** OUT OF THESE GROUPS, YOU ****ING RETARD!

WE DO NOT WANT TO SEE YOUR UTTER STUPIDITY ANY MORE!

YOU ARE AN ABUSER OF THESE GROUPS, AND WE ALL WANT YOU TO GO JUMP OFF A
BRIDGE.

YOU SHOULD BAN YOURSELF, DUMBFUCK.

YOU ARE AN INCONSIDERATE TWIT MAKING THESE POSTS, THEN YOU GO ON TO
ANSWER YOUR OWN BULLSHIT POSTS. IT GETS NO WORSE THAN YOU FOR ABUSE OF
THESE GROUPS.

YOU ARE PATHETIC. PLEASE REMOVE YOUR GENES FROM THE GENE POOL.

KILL YOURSELF, AND ALL OF YOUR FAMILY MEMBERS.

DO IT NOW.

LOL.

Not before AMD kills themselfes for being even more retarded ! :p* ;) :p* =D

Bye,
Skybuck =D

Wookie

Real Men DON'T read manuals.

An X2 3800 .. gee that came out like 6 years ago .. cutting edge stuff ..
and you can't do a Google on the specs.

"Jumbo Jack" wrote in message

I have just checked the FTSE 100 and AMD shares dropped
0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001
points

Skybuck Flying

Wookie said:
Real Men DON'T read manuals.

An X2 3800 .. gee that came out like 6 years ago .. cutting edge stuff ..
and you can't do a Google on the specs.

Let me know when you find the "air displacement" or "air flow" of it's
fan...

I've giving up on finding it especially with todays BLOATED WEBSITES.

You should try it yourself with a 450 mhz and 256 MB ram.

Hilarious to see all that BLOAT CRAP.

Fortunately some websites are better then others.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Skybuck Flying

Jumbo Jack said:
I have just checked the FTSE 100 and AMD shares dropped
0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001

LOL funny, but do check again bitch ! ;) =D

It's down 0.46%

Ok it's just went to 0.35% lol.

It's definetly dowwwwnnn.. byeeeeeee dieeeeee lol.

Suck itttttt lol.

Bye,
Skybuck ;) =D

Poor bastards, I feel a little bit sorry for them, they did bring us AMD64
even if it were fake ! ;) =D :p* ;)

Bob F

Wookie said:
Real Men DON'T read manuals.

An X2 3800 .. gee that came out like 6 years ago .. cutting edge
stuff .. and you can't do a Google on the specs.

I've got an AMD X2 faster than that that was in a freebie box I was given 2
years ago.

mpm

Let me know when you find the "air displacement" or "air flow" of it's
fan...

I've giving up on finding it especially with todays BLOATED WEBSITES.

You should try it yourself with a 450 mhz and 256 MB ram.

Hilarious to see all that BLOAT CRAP.

Fortunately some websites are better then others.

Bye,
  Skybuck.

Speaking of bloat, why do you post here?

Paul

Skybuck said:
Let me know when you find the "air displacement" or "air flow" of it's
fan...

I've giving up on finding it especially with todays BLOATED WEBSITES.

You should try it yourself with a 450 mhz and 256 MB ram.

Hilarious to see all that BLOAT CRAP.

Fortunately some websites are better then others.

Bye,
Skybuck.

The math is pretty simple.

Room air temperature 25C.

Well cooled PC (using that equation with the 3.16 factor in it), will have
an internal temperature of 32-35C or so. Since you as the designer know the
total PC power dissipation and the size of the fan used on the case to cool
the air inside the PC, you control that.

So let's say the internal air is 35C. That might be sufficient to keep
the hard drive happy. The processor can take the heat, while an
overheating hard drive is a bad thing. So a steady movement of cool
air in the case, with perhaps the intake air hitting the hard drive, is the
best thing.

The provided retail heatsink with an AMD or Intel processor, has a theta_R
(thermal resistance) of around 0.33 degrees C per Watt. If the processor
is 89 W, 0.33 C/W * 89 gives a delta_T of 29.4C. Add that to the 35C
internal air temperature, gives 64.4C as the processor (casing) temperature.

The processor has provisions for throttling, so if an over-temperature is
detected, the processor either reduces compute rate or the computer is
totally shut off. If the retail cooler isn't sufficient, for the room
temperature range in your room, then you find an enthusiast cooler. But
many modern processors, don't really need cooling modification.

And that means, you can safely build a PC with the retail provided cooler,
and if the measured temperatures aren't suitable, you can put an enthusiast
cooler in it. Enthusiast coolers have a theta_R of 0.15 to 0.22C/W and
use things like heat pipes and large fin assemblies to achieve that
level of thermal resistance.

Not too many manufacturers of heatsinks, rate their products in theta_R.
Zalman has, for some of their older products, and based on that,
we have some general ideas how good they are.

A tool like Throttlewatch or RMClock with it's graphs, can show you
whether the processor is throttling while running a stress test like
Prime95. If you see throttling, then a better cooler may be required,
or an adjustment of the case cooling is needed. Air must be flowing
past the processor socket, to carry away the heat coming off the
CPU cooler fins. If you have the world's best CPU cooler, and the
worlds worst case cooling design, then it could run too hot as a
result. You have two adjustments you can make, either increase
case cooling airflow, to lower the internal case temperature,
or use a larger cooler with heat pipes, to reduce the delta_T between
processor case temperature and case internal air temperature.

AMD and Intel rely on System Builders, to apply the above kinds of
math, to build good systems. IT is not the job of AMD and Intel,
to make your computer for you. But with a little work, you can
manage that for yourself. Many home builders have learned enough
about cooling, to get their PC to work.

Paul

Nobody > (Revisited)

Or a Hayabusa.

Actually, Skybuck needs a SnartCar (intended speeling) with a Hayabusa
engine transplant. Search "hayabusa smart car" on whatever search engine
you like.

If he drives like he "does technology", he'll kill it and/or himself
within a week. (Im guessing it'll be the "and")

--
"Shit this is it, all the pieces do fit.
We're like that crazy old man jumping

Skybuck Flying

Paul said:
The math is pretty simple.

Room air temperature 25C.

Well cooled PC (using that equation with the 3.16 factor in it), will have
an internal temperature of 32-35C or so. Since you as the designer know
the
total PC power dissipation and the size of the fan used on the case to
cool
the air inside the PC, you control that.

No, I think you missing the point there... I don't know that... because the
information is missing.

I don't know the dimensions of the fan... I could measure it... but that
still says nothing.

I would then need to know rounds per minute, fan blades air displacement and
so furth.

What I would be looking for is a simple CFM value.

This information is missing, therefore I cannot calculate anything.

Any other information like heat dissappation which you seem to mention is
also missing.

I don't like making assumptions like you seem to do because that is
amaturistic and can only lead to bad situations.

I need exact data.

There is a saying for what you try to do: "crappy input, crappy output".

For once I would like to design a decent system which will function
perfectly the first time when it's build.

No more trail and error, no more buying zillions of different coolers and
setups.

NOOOO.

It must function the first time.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Paul

Skybuck said:
[...]

If you need examples, start here.

http://www.aavidthermalloy.com/products/microp/index.shtml

For example, this heatsink has a theta_R of 0.31 C/W using a Delta fan with
37.5 CFM rating. This is a small heatsink from a previous generation. Back
then, the design was copper slug in aluminum fins.

http://www.aavidthermalloy.com/products/microp/AAVID_1039C1K8.pdf

This is a heatsink assembly for LGA1366. Theta_R 0.3 C/W at 10CFM and 0.2 C/W at
35CFM. This one uses heat pipes. That makes it possible to trade off
noise versus ability to transfer heat. The theta_R is adjustable over
a small range.

http://www.aavidthermalloy.com/products/microp/intel09/pdf/050075.pdf

*******

With regard to Intel and AMD, Intel products have documentation, but it leads
to an Intel part number. The Intel part number is sourced by at least three
major cooler manufacturer corporations. They don't acknowledge the part
number (because it's a special order for Intel), while Intel doesn't give
details except to note the existence of the part in their thermal/mechanical
guidelines.

There were a couple sites that review heatsinks, that have a setup for
evaluating the heatsinks and working out theta_R with the provided fan.
They build a metal slug with an electrical heater underneath, with fixed
power input (say, 100 watts). Then, they measure delta_T with the
fan running at standard speed. That's where you can get 0.33C/W
for your typical retail in-box cooler. I can no longer find those
web sites in a search engine, because the search engines are garbage.

I no longer visit the AMD site for technical information, because there
is none of note. If you want to spin your wheels there, be my guest.

*******

I don't get your "can only lead to bad situations". The processor is
protected against excessive temperature. It can't be damaged. The PC
will shut off before that happens.

You are getting a free heatsink/fan to test in the retail box. You test
it. If it is maintaining a decent temperature, your job is done. If
not, you purchase an aftermarket cooler, perhaps something
from Zalman with available theta_R information. Using theta_R, you
can determine the expected CPU case temperature, based on actual
conditions measured inside your computer. I don't consider this
to be a bad deal.

The thing is, even if you had all the equations, you lack the skills
to even pick a decent operating point. What temperature is the right
temperature to run the CPU at ? How did you determine that number ?
Whatever answer you give me, it will be "amaturistic".

The hard drive in your computer, is more important in terms of cooling
than the CPU, because the hard drive cannot shut off if it is unhappy.
It just tries to keep running. That's the one you have to watch.
The CPU has a range of operating points, that don't seem to affect
longevity. The high temperature that the CPU or GPU or Northbridge
runs at in a laptop, should show you that.

Paul

Skybuck Flying

Now I remember what I wanted to know the CFM for.

I wanted to look for a replacement cooler or fan.

But I have been focussing to much on the fokking cooler/fan.

I should focus on the TDP/WATT that the CPU outputs.

Therefore I now need data/specifications from after market CPU/FAN coolers.

However without AMD's stock cooler specifications I cannot tell if their
stock cooler was sufficient in the first place.

Also what if I wanted to replace the fan only ? I would need to know the CFM
to replace it... therefore missing fan specification is still shitty.

I would also like to know dimensions without necessarily having to pull out
a measuring device/thing/whatever.

I would also like to know the weight of the cooler/heatsink/fan together to
know what a good replacement would be without breaking the motherboard.

Furthermore the ammount of CFM the cpu fan inputs/outputs could be a further
indication how much CFM the case needs to be able to output at least that.

But I guess by adding all component's wattage together the cpu's fan cfm is
less important.

Also I want to know NOISE levels of the AMD stock cooler's fan... DB(a) for
example as to be able to compare with other solutions.

Perhaps even the wiring to make sure other solutions behave the same.

Do you know see how all of this missing information can lead to all kinds of
problems ?!?

Just focussing on the heat like you do is not enough, there are multiple
issue's factor at play here.

Also using a cpu cooler to than replace it by a more expensive one is
insane... this is wasted money. I expect boxed cpu coolers to come with good
solutions, otherwise I might just as well buy an aftermarket cooler which is
risky... having a backup is nice though.

There is also the risk of BREAKING OFF plastic from the motherboard.

Especially AMD's socket brackets ARE VERY WEAK AND BREAK EASILY.

Not to mention the FAN BLADES breaking off EASILY like a lever effect when
pushing gently on outside such as during cleaning, another good reason to
prefer fanless designs.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Davej

On May 20, 3:07 am, "Skybuck Flying" <[email protected]>
spammed:
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt, alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,
alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, comp.arch, sci.electronics.design
I check AMD X2 3800+ Manual that was deliver with my BOXED AMD X2 3800+
processor.

Hey dumbshit. Stop crossposting.

Shaun

"John Larkin" wrote in message

I check AMD X2 3800+ Manual that was deliver with my BOXED AMD X2 3800+
processor.

The manual mentions nothing about the stock cpu cooler and it's fan.

IT'S NOW OFFICIAL:

I HATE AMD AND I WILL NEVER BUY A PROCESSOR FROM THEM EVER AGAIN !
(AND YOU CAN SHOVE YOUR FOKKING USELESS STREAM/GRAPHICS CRAP UP YOUR ASS
TOO)

To other PROCESSOR MANUFACTURERS:

WHEN I BUY A PROCESSOR, HEATSINK AND FAN:

I EXPECT FULL SPECIFICATIONS IN THE MANUAL FAILURE WILL LEAD TO BAN FOR
EVER.

Goodbye,
Skybuck.

Computers are clearly not your skill set. You should take up baking or
something. Get an iPad.

John

Once again you prove what a complete idiot you are. The Heatsink with Fan
that comes with a CPU is considered adequate for most situations, your case
should also have fans and your power supply has a fan. If you overclock
your CPU, then you will need more cooling like a special CPU cooler with
lots of fins and a more powerful or larger fan that is made to take away the
heat when overclocking. It also never hurts to have more fans than you need
to keep the temp in the case nice and low, the other components will last
longer. Clean the dust out somewhat regularily and be gental when you're
doing it, A can of dust off helps - you can blow it over and around
components while sucking up the dust with the vacuum.

Shaun

Skybuck Flying

No idea who you writing too.

I can be short:

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.

Demand specifications ! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

Glenn Gundlach

No idea who you writing too.

I can be short:

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.

Demand specifications ! ;) =D

Bye,
  Skybuck.

You must make a LOT of assumptions. You wouldn't know what to do with
a specification if you had it.

Proud owner of 6 AMD computers. BTW, all the TV you see off the Fox
and CBS networks comes through servers running AMD processors.

"
You must make a LOT of assumptions. You wouldn't know what to do with
a specification if you had it.

Proud owner of 6 AMD computers. BTW, all the TV you see off the Fox
and CBS networks comes through servers running AMD processors.
"

Lol, many more stupid assumptions made here.

You are assuming their systems are working well.

For all we know they have an entire engineering team standing by to fix
problems ! ;)

Bye,
Skybuck.

Shaun

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

No idea who you writing too.

I can be short:

Assumption is the mother of all ****ups.

Demand specifications ! ;) =D

Bye,
Skybuck.

You’re the biggest ****up on the UseNet. Why do you want specification for,
you're too stupid to make anything out of them anyway.

Get lost shit head,

Worst regards,

Shaun