I need some Input on a new computer!

Reaction score
Hello Every one!! I'm planing on building a new computer with in the next couple weeks and I pretty much have decided what I want but I just wanted to get some input on what people think about the parts I'm looking at!

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 FX51

Motherboard : Asus SK8N nForce3 Pro 150 AMD Opteron/Athlon 64 FX Skt940 DDR ATX Motherboard w/Audio, LAN, Dual SATA RAID

Memory: Kingston HyperX KHX3200K2/1G 1GB Kit DDR400 PC3200 Memory w/Heat Spreader

Video Card: ATI Radeon 9800 XT AGP 8X 256MB DDR Video Card w/TV-Out & DVI

CPU Cooling: ThermalTake Venus 12

Well these are the main things that I am woundering on!! I'm also planning on Raid 2 120 gig hard drives 7200 rpm with 8mb cache and also getting alittle 40 gig 7200 rpm with 8 mb cache for the os!! I know I'm going to be need a big power supply I was asuming around 550watts or so if any one has a suggustion on that one that would be great!! I'm trying to build quit the gaming machine so if any one has any comments what so ever please reply!! Let me know if you like or not!!

P.S. Thanks for your time, and sorry for the bad spelling!!! :)

:confused:

Reaction score
why do you need the RAID if your getting a MOBO with SATAs? (I guess you wanted more HDD in there). On memory I suggest go for CORSAIR XMS their very reliable on OC and stable ;)

Ask a Question