New computer setup, need some help

Reaction score
Im buying a new computer within the next 7 weeks and i was hoping to get some help off you guys, im new to this forum and just wanted to get a feel for what u guys know and how useful it is, all ur help is appreciated!

This is what i had in mind, or at least SOMETHING like this;

120 gig HDD - seagate
radeon 9800 pro 128 meg graphics card
1024 meg DDR RAM
athlon 2.8 GHZ CPU
motherboard - HELP!!!

17'-19' viewsonic CRT (i dont want a flat screen)

ok, i need some help with the TYPE of RAM to get, and definately the motherboard.

so please help me out :)

thanks

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
You can't go to far wrong with an MSI Delta ... I've been using the K7N2 Delta-L (MS-6570) for some time now, I'm well pleased with the performance and reliability ... also consider the KT6 Delta-LSR (MS-6590) :D

As for memory, again, I have found Kingston 'ValueRam' to be very reliable and stable.

Reaction score
i'll be going around to the shops n that this week, i'll post what they recommend n that, and some feed back on that would be great!

btw, that site u linked, i couldnt find either of the types u were tlaking about, are u sure u got the number correct?

thanks mate

Ask a Question