I need help with this pc

Reaction score
Hello, I am a school custodian, I was cleaning out our storage area where we keep old computers. I found one i have never seen before so i hooked it up and it came in and everything works great (surprisingly) even tho it has window 2000 professional . I don't understand how it works with the ethernet tho' there is no highspeed jack in the back, no a phone line. Its called a creative 48x mx i have no idea who made this thing, it's qite a large tower and wide. can someone help with how i hook up my highspeed to this thing if I can at all. I do plan to try to update windows. it keeps asking me to upgrade to windows vista wich i do have the 32 and 64 bit disc.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
If you can, download a freebie software program named 'Speccy' put it on a USB stick then install it into the old computer.

I'm not sure if Speccy will run on Win 2000 but my guess is it will.

Run Speccy, note the computer's specs, then post them here.

I suspect the machine may run better on XP rather than Vista as it's probably quite old.

If it will run Vista then it will also run Win 7 which is a lot better than Vista. It's possible the machine may be too old to run either Vista or 7.

Is the 'Creative x 48' legend on the optical drive (CD/DVD player/recorder)? if so that's just the make and speed of the drive and doesn't give any useful information about the machine.

Run Speccy and post back here.

I

Ask a Question