Do I really need Nvida nforce on my system drivers?

Reaction score
I have a Dell desk top 531 with windows Vista home basic , and IE 7 and every time I update the driver for the system in device manager that is called Nvida 6150se nForce 430 -Wont install . I have tried to manually install it and it does not find any thing on line that is a compatible download , so I logged into Nvida Drivers.com and surprisingly for free, they have an updated version for my 32 bit system , I went to a chat with them and they said down load it go to custom install OK and it should work. Well my question is will this harm anything else in my driver system or computer if I should install this download because Everything seems to be working on the computer , I have good sound ,videos work well so do really need this driver?

Last edited:

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
The only site you should be downloading nVidia drivers from is THIS one. Or go to the Dell SITE

Last edited:
Reaction score
The only site you should be downloading nVidia drivers from is THIS one. Or go to the Dell SITE

Thank you Evans
this is the site I had the chat with a tech, and he sent me a driver to download , however , with this cause other problems with my system. , I don't play on line games , do I really need this driver?

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
As I said the only place you download drivers is from the two sites I linked. Remove whatever driver you were told to download and go to the nVidia website and download the correct one for your Dell.

Reaction score
As I said the only place you download drivers is from the two sites I linked. Remove whatever driver you were told to download and go to the nVidia website and download the correct one for your Dell.

OK thank you for your help

Ask a Question