I need a new base unit!

Reaction score
Ok i'll try to keep it short as possible:p

The PC i currently have which was bought from Mesh nearly four years ago, a 1700xp with 512ddr ram and a geforce 3 ti 500 has lasted well but for quite a while now my pc has been struggerling with the latest and greatest games as all pc's eventually do.My experiences with Mesh i have to say was not all that bad.During the first year of the three year warranty my graphics cards fan started making nasty noises.I opened up the pc to make sure it was clean and not blocked in any way and after checking i couldn't see what the problem was with it.They sent out an engineer and within 5 minutes of entering my house he fitted the new card, wrote down what the problem was and was out the door.I would say from my experience i was mostly happy with the service from mesh though getting through on the phone sometimes took quite a while.For the past month ive been looking for a decent retailer to buy a new base unit from.I have been thinking about purchasing the base unit from Mesh but after reading on various sites the ammount of problems people have had with the company i wouldn't be surprised if they followed in Tinys footsteps and ended up on watchdog.

Ive been online gaming since 97 and one of the main purposes i use my PC for is just that.So what im looking for really is a pc with at least a....

AMD 3500 or above
1gb of ddr ram
geforce 6800GT 256 or maybe now would be a good time to try out ATI and the x850xt ;P
80gb harddrive or above
DVD RW would be a nice adition

I have thought about building my own pc but the costs seemed to quickly become just as expensive as buying it from a retailer without the 3 years warranty and the not having to pay for 6 months part :p.
Im willing to pay £1000 and i only need a base unit not a monitor.

Well any advice would be welcomed and thx in advance.

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Hey there, actually your speacs work out rather well :)

Reaction score
Im in the us Sooo Im gonna say very nice set up i would go with high end ram as its more reliable and latency is set lower i recommend the corsair xms dual pack 512mb x 2 check my specs out

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I have a mesh Pentium 133 which is Circa 1996 and is still going well and used everyday as my hardware Firewall.....:D Mesh were a Class act back then..:thumb:

Reaction score
Do Mesh enjoy these Forums ?

I have had similar answers on a number of threads that Mesh used to be good in the old days.
I have written to PC Advisor saying that a health warning should be issued with their top ten lists where Mesh feature every time and entice you in..
Anyway yet another opportunity to have a pop at Mesh . It is so easy, all true and why they spend so much advertising but then destroy their image I do not know.

I wonder why they do not just sort out their PR and Customer Care, Refund money in the time quoted (as everyone knows in these Forums. I am still owed a refund since April 24th 2005). It would be cheaper for them in the end.
This months PC Advisor have it in hard copy that Mesh have issues with a number of customers.
Davey Whyte of Mesh who seems to be assigned to trawl these forums trying to put things right but getting absolutely nowhere with his management backup said yesterday Quote "There is no question about the refund coming" . Why not just pay it and shut me up then.

If you like emailing and being ignored, sitting in call queues, being passed around, getting loads of apologies but never a result go ahead and Buy a Mesh.

Ask a Question