I have just applied to be...

Reaction score
Thanks Guys :D

I really did think that i had screwed up...!

I get sworn in 30th march :) (aparently that bit is scary)

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Constable Chris will do just nicely ;)
Remember Chris it's not all about driving fast cars through red lights & nicking villains!
A lot of Police work is boring & you will be doing some sh1te jobs at times, but remember your sergeant will be the person that you can learn from.
You will need to get to grips with not just the law, but how to deal with people.
Oh and have you started to understand PACE yet:eek:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Well done Chris :cool: - its good to see someone so young putting something back into the community :nod:

Reaction score
feckit said:
Remember Chris it's not all about driving fast cars through red lights & nicking villains!
A lot of Police work is boring & you will be doing some sh1te jobs at times, but remember your sergeant will be the person that you can learn from.
You will need to get to grips with not just the law, but how to deal with people.
Oh and have you started to understand PACE yet:eek:

Yeah i know :)

Specials tend to stay away from the heavy paper work and assembling cases, they spend a lot more time actually out on the streets - which is great from my POV - so hopefully there wont be TOO much paperwork...

Is it a myth that a warrant card gets you free travel on public transport?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Is it a myth that a warrant card gets you free travel on public transport?
Depends on the area - in London they get free Rail up to about 100 miles away, Tube and buses - most areas have agreements with local buses :thumb:

Reaction score
Ahh... ace.

Digging through the net, I *think* i read something about National Express group offering free travel to any police officer upon presentation of a warrant card... If this is the case then i'd cry with joy because its how i get home, and its £30 a time! Though i am aware its bad practice to try and blag free stuff with a card. Not cool - but if its a big company agreement thing... awesome.

Found a gem of a website - policespecials.com - might have to read everything on there!

Reaction score
Just found something VERY interesting...

From April 2007 the Police and Justice Act 2006 is to be amended.

Paragraph 21 of schedule 2 of the Act amends section 30 of the Police Act 1996. It introduces a new subsection 2 and repeals subsections 3 and 4, the effect of which is to provide that a special constable shall have all the powers and privileges of a constable throughout England and Wales and adjacent United Kingdom waters. Previously, jurisdiction was generally restricted to a special constable's own force area and contiguous force areas.

Reaction score
Please don't hijack threads - start a new one in the correct section please.

Last edited by a moderator:

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Yes you did do something wrong ceodolly, And you just, quite deliberately, did it again. An apology only requires 2 words, it does not require a repitition of what you're supposedly apologising for.
This is chris's thread & about chris's news. If you don't have something to say about that news then I suggest you do as chris said & start your own thread.
If you were having problems getting to the appropriate section then you should've contacted admin. To barge in & post on someone elses thread is just rude.
If you wish to continue on this forum, I suggest you read the rules.

<Ady edit: I've made it disappear Ciri ;)>

Last edited by a moderator:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Just found something VERY interesting...

From April 2007 the Police and Justice Act 2006 is to be amended.

Paragraph 21 of schedule 2 of the Act amends section 30 of the Police Act 1996. It introduces a new subsection 2 and repeals subsections 3 and 4, the effect of which is to provide that a special constable shall have all the powers and privileges of a constable throughout England and Wales and adjacent United Kingdom waters. Previously, jurisdiction was generally restricted to a special constable's own force area and contiguous force areas.
That is interesting Chris - you will be able to go home and become the Sheriff of Hampshire and keep that well known villian Imrie under control :D

Reaction score
Adywebb said:
That is interesting Chris - you will be able to go home and become the Sheriff of Hampshire and keep that well known villian Imrie under control :D

And that, Mr. Webb, is EXACTLY what i am planning doing.

I think i might permanently position a panda by his residence and stake out , waiting for the little toerag to step just one inch out of line.

Have been asking around and it would seem that though my powers are valid, to do operational work for Hants i would need to be attested there aswell.

Something i want to look into, i would love to do some policing in Hampshire... :)

Ultimatly, after a while, i may do a paper transfer

Ask a Question