I have just applied to be...

Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
January 27th is the test...
if it is not a fracture, i hope it heals by then!!
Strap it up & use ice in a cloth to take any swelling out.
Try not to put all your weight on the foot for the time being & rest it.
Jan 27th is 5 weeks away, if you take it easy hopefully it should be OK for the day. But if it's not let them know & i'm sure if needed they can re-schedule it.

Do Not try to train through this injury if you start to feel OK, as coming back to training after time out can cause it to become worse.:thumb:

Reaction score
Isnt it 6 weeks?

Strapping it up isnt really an option as i will be doing lots of driving - which while isnt strenuous on my foot in itself, would be impractical to do while strapped...

I have topical ibuprofen which i guess is an antiinflamattory?

Swimming sounds like a top idea... what about bike riding... its non impact so shouldnt be too hard?

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I think bike riding would put a lot of pressure on your foot when you pedal :(

Reaction score
All seems OK with my foot now... and i have been practicing my bleep test and scoring about 6.8 - not amazing but its a pass! If i can get 7 then i dont need to go to the compulsory fitness thing...

Its 9am tomorrow - wish me luck!

Reaction score
Hi Chris I want you to know my respect for you has gone up in leaps and bounds and like everybody else on this forum we are all rooting for you.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By w.bishop

Hi Chris I want you to know my respect for you has gone up in leaps and bounds and like everybody else on this forum we are all rooting for you.

At this rate he wont get through the door with his swell head :lol:

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
I guess being on vacation in the US I missed out on this thread, since it resurfaced recently I saw it. Anyway its the right time so here's to you Chris - hope you succeed with flying colours :thumb:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Good luck tomorrow Chris, I'm sure you'll reach level 7 :)

*Beep Test Tip* Don't waste energy at the begining of the test - time it so you just step over the line as the beep goes :thumb:

Reaction score
My beep test i took years ago went OK.
Pace yourself, but dont show off.
Oh and good luck:thumb:

Reaction score
Thanks guys

Fitness test was ace... i walked it. Not literally - i got to between 8.5 and 9.0 on the bleep test - was one of the last to drop out. Pushed and pulled around 50kgs (35 is what you need) so that went ace.

Shame i ballsed up the interview, but i might have gotten enough points for that we'll see.

PIRT test was weird...

I find out whether i pass or need to re-apply on Tuesday, so i'll let you know. If i pass i'll be sworn in on 30th March.

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Nice job on the fitness Chris :thumb:

I doubt you will have had any trouble with the PIRT as a graduate, grammer/reasoning/number solving etc should come naturally, and I should imagine your observation/recall ability is fine.

What sort of things did they ask you in the interview that you think you had problems with?

Reaction score
I think i was too vague, and they asked me to tell them specific examples of certain situations where i had to do x or y... i didn't like that.

We'll see :)

Reaction score
Same thing happened to me with Barclays mate, they started asking me questions out of the blue and i hated it, they weren't easy questions either, they were fairly hard.

Reaction score
Often in interviews for the Police or other Government Departments the interviewer is sometimes after how you react to a question. One positive thing is your young & doing a type of degree that would help you within a public service setting.

If you do fail, applying again shows you want to succeed and will not give up if something is put in your way & that is often seen as being a positive & mature approach.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Well done on the fitness chris :thumb:
Excellent comeback after the sprain :nod:
& don't worry too much about the interview
Like Feckit said, these guy's have probably heard every possible answer any applicant could give to all of these questions. For the most part it will be how you answered that's likely to be what they were looking for, not what you answered. & unsettling you with specific questions like that is unlikely to have been accidental. I expect that was exactly what they're trying to do, not just to you, but to all the applicants. Seeing how you respond to a situation like that is most likely what they were looking for, &, myself personally, i would regard being able to fudge your way out of a situation where you are put on the spot like that would be an essential skill for any police officer.
& he's right about re applying if you get turned down. This is your dream & you have the determination it takes to make it, reapplying shows them that too :nod:

Don't worry too much, it sounds to me like you did just fine :)

Reaction score
Thanks all :)

i'm not convinced at all about the interview though, i REALLY dont think i got enough points to pass.

i find out in a day or two so i dont have that long to wait

Ask a Question