I Give You.......?

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
After my rare Spring Gentians I give you .............. well, actually, I don't know. :blush:

Does anyone recognise this flower? The whole plant is about 30cm tall and the flowers are about 1-2 cm across. I found four of them along a 15 m stretch of footpath. I cannot identify it in my Wild Plants book and wondered if it was something that had escaped from a garden; the nearest houses were about a quarter of a mile away.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Flower.JPG
    Flower.JPG
    76.1 KB · Views: 192

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Looks like that common or garden weed Honesty to me .

:D

Looks like you got it in one AB. :thumb:

I've checked it out and it surely looks like Lunaria Annua to me. It is not listed in the Wild Flowers guide so I guess it must be a garden plant. It is the one which ends up with white, flattened seed pods which look like silver coins, hence its oriental name of Money Plant. :wave:

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
I've now worked out why I didn't recognise it. I have Honesty in my garden but I have the white variety, Lunaria Rediviva.

I didn't know that there were two varieties. :blush: I'll have to get the botany books out again. :p

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That is a beautiful pic Niv - like yourself, I've only seen the white variety before. :)

Ask a Question