Thameside Walk (lottsa pig pix)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Last Sunday I got fed up sittin’ on me butt at home so decided to go for a walk.

It was dry, hazy intermittent sun and about 3.30pm.

Got a bus to Charlton, it didn’t explode which was a bonus, and decided to walk to The Cutty Sark Pub. My walk started from the Anchor & Hope pub, on the riverside and would terminate at another riverside pub some three miles or so away.

Some folks choose to give directions by street names, some by schools, others by churches or landmarks. Myself, I prefer to identify places by Public Houses, mostly cos they usually much more fun than the aforementioned references.

So, clutching my trusty Canon A80 digi, off I set. I’d only done this walk before in the pitch black and legless, so it was sortta new ground for me.

Didn’t see many people and the stiff river breeze made me wish I’d taken a coat, but I sortta worked up a cold sweat. I did look in the Anchor & Hope pub but didn’t recognize anybody in there and I thought the short walk would work up a nice thirst for the Cutty Sark pub, my journey’s end. I was right :)

Closer I got to my destination, longer it seemed to be taking to get there, lol

Arriving was good, lottsa folks I knew were there, the walk took about 90 minutes but I paused often and took a total of around 200 pictures.

Here’s 45 of them and I just realised I kinda missed out a whole stretch of river just before the Dome, but apart from a few sailing boats, the pix were a little dull.

Some might say the following pix are dull as well but I hope some folks who reside elsewhere other than Greenwich may find them interesting. Pix reduced to 1000 pixels wide from high res.

So here, graffiti, warts and all, is the Thameside walk between Charlton and Greenwich:

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

011.JPG

012.JPG

013.JPG

014.JPG

015.JPG

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I think that the barbed wire one looks really good, not sure what that says about my personality, it looks looks very contrasting!

Have fun at the pub :D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
That was a good treat for a Sunday afternoon!:)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Some cracking pics in there Flopps. :thumb:

... next time, take some gardening kit with you and tidy the place up a bit.

:D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I liked the one of the anchor with the sunset best :)

Very nice pics, a long walk is always worth doing if there's a good puc at the end of it ;):thumb:

CITech

Offshore Crunchie Eater
Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
I liked the one of the anchor with the sunset best :)

Very nice pics, a long walk is always worth doing if there's a good puc at the end of it ;):thumb:

:D Mmmmm, Puuubbbb !!!! Me like idea lots!:D

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
Good pics flops. Good to see things "warts & all" not just the tourist shots we usually see down here. Made me think of John, he grew up on the Wirral, I want him to take me to Liverpool & the Wirral one day but, even though he's glad they've cleaned it up, he sez it would be like going somewhere alien, the place he grew up in (& left to come here about 20 years ago) just isn't there anymore. We see all the poncy tourist photos online, it's hard to judge what the city really looks like now.

Reaction score
Yeah my favourite was the last one. Nice dude nice enjoyed looking at those. No matter how trivial the shots seem when you taking them, to someone else they are interesting good point.

Ciri when you come to the Wirral (sometime soon I hope) look me up ;)

Reaction score
Shows that some parts of London need the regeneration that that the Games of 2012 will bring. Some great photos their flops:thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
top pics

By Mucks
... next time, take some gardening kit with you and tidy the place up a bit.

we could raise some money for PC Review and have a sponsored Flops tidy around London pubs weekend... by the look of that walk heavy hat and Jags breathing apparatus would come in very handy...

Lovely pics though ...felt i was there with you m8 :thumb:

Did you know Steve ...was he really that bad ????

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
That's it! :wall: The rattle is definitely about to get tossed out of my pram!! :wall: the pix just won't download here, all I get is placemats :confused: ......... they sound really good too. It's a plot! :nod:

Reaction score
Hi floppybootstomp.
I`ve just come across your post showing your pics of a walk from Charlton to Greenwich.And very good they are too.
But looking through them I could not help feel sorry for the Thames for how industry has treated it`s banks.Some of the
structures are down right ugly,though they make a strong picture.Let`s hope that with the coming of the olympics,they`ll
do a bit of cleaning up making that part of the Thames more user friendly.
historian

Ask a Question