Autumn time

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Tonight I thought I'd catch the 5.47pm train to the pub.

It being Sunday, I forgot the trains went via Blackheath and not via Maze Hill, so I ended up in Blackheath instead of a stone's throw from the Cutty Sark pub.

So I walked across the heath and down the hill through Greenwich park.

The sun was just starting to set, so I took a few pix.

These pix are nothing special, quite ordinary. The large-ish building is named, rather optimistically, 'Vanbrugh castle' it's a building I'm rather fond of.

So, September 17th, Greenwich Park, about 6.30pm, pix.

As I said, nothing special, but thought a few of you may be interested.

Met up with about half a dozen people down the pub, a pleasant evening :)

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

014.jpg

015.jpg

016.jpg

017.jpg

018.jpg

019.jpg

Pix taken with a dinky little Canon Ixus i5

Long standing forum members may be getting a little tired of the same old view, I'll try and take pix of something different next time.

Of course, some of you guys could take some pix of your local locale if you like :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Looks really nice Flops - you're lucky to live in such an interesting place! I think I'll take up your suggestion and take some pics next time it's a nice day :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I enjoyed your pics Flops, that looks like such a nice place to walk. I can see why you like Vanburgh Castle, the autumn light really enhances the mellow colour of the brickwork doesn't it.

Please excuse my ignorance (the closest I've ever been to London is Twickenham :eek: ) but is that Battersea power station showing in the pic which has The Dome over to the right? The tall chimneys look familiar to the ones I saw in a friend's pics recently.

Thanks for sharing your walk with us Flops :nod:

Looks like it's a good year for conkers too :thumb: :D

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
TC: Nope, that's not Battersea Power Station, the pix are taken in Greenwich, SE London and Battersea Power Station is in Battersea, SW London. You can see Battersea Power Station by the Thames riverside from the Chelsea Embankment.

The chimneys you can see are part of Greenwich Power Station which used to supply local electricity but now generates power for London's tube train network. It used to be coal fired but I'm not sure what they burn now, I'd guess oil.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
London from the park is excellent flops with Canary Wharf to the left and the Millenium Dome to the right :thumb:

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Flops, thank you :) now you can see why I didn't come top in geography :p and reading Rush's post, too... that building which looks like an up-turned lead-pencil is part of Canary Warf? Methinks I must get a map :blush:

Ask a Question