I can receive and Forward, but I cant send

Victor Banquy

De: "Victor Banquy" <[email protected]>
Objet: I can receive and Forward, but I cant send
Date: vendredi 20 août 2010 15:17

I send this message using the forward procedure to somebody of the group
My problem is likely the same as a lot of people of the microsoft group
But the difference is : in the dialogue box it is written : you have to
update Windows.
I updated Windows a lot of times and the problem is not solved
I see that no body knows the solution, but MicroSoft staff ? What are they
doing ??
Help

annetta

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net',
Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Also, can't figure out how to Post here, so hit Reply to somebody else's post.

The above error is mine. Please advise. Thank you.

Gary VanderMolen

Looks like you are running into a port 25 block.
Try the settings for the AT&T/Yahoo mail servers:
http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401738

The AT&T/Yahoo SMTP server uses port 465, which is not
blocked like port 25 is.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)