Bargain HP TouchPad Tablet - £89

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
If you can find a store with an HP TouchPad in stock, you may be able to snag a bargain - they are going for as little as £89 for the 16GB and £115 for the 32GB versions.

Dixons, PC World, CPW, Currys, etc... all had stock yesterday but it looks like they've sold out in more places. However, more stock is expected soon.

Bargain, if you can find out!

I tried my local Staples, but they had sold out.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Recently I read that Best Buy in US (chain of electronics store) is sitting on 270,000 HP Tablets :D They do not know if HP will buy it back or will subsidise it for them to sell, I think that is a huge inventory by any standards,

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Just spotted: :thumb:

HP will ship more bargain Touchpads

Firm is readying another low priced tablet payload
By Dave Neal
Wed Aug 24 2011, 09:55

RADICAL DECISION MAKER HP will release more bargain Touchpad tablets soon, and has promised to continue to offer support for WebOS.
The Touchpad has been an unlikely hit since HP realised it didn't want anything to do with it anymore and contacted [FONT=inherit ! important]important [FONT=inherit ! important]retailers[/FONT][/FONT] to tell them to hurl them out of their shops at very low prices.
We've seen Dixons, PC World, Dabs.com, Best Buy and Currys all sell out in minutes as their bargain tablets hit the web, and varying degrees of dissatisfaction as customers failed to get hold of them.
Some retailers had low stock - Amazon had just three Touchpads in stock yesterday afternoon, albeit at full price. Others apparently were expecting delivery - Clove and Expansys said it looked likely that more might follow - and indeed they will.
"We had a great response to the new price and are now temporarily out of stock on hp.com and at many local retailers," wrote HP blogger and PR man Mark Budgell. "We will have more available shortly. Please keep an [FONT=inherit ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]eye[/FONT][/FONT] on www.hp.com/go/touchpad-availability. We will have a link up soon where you can subscribe to be notified when these products are back in inventory."
The really good news is that if you bought one at full price, or even low price, and then realised that the firm was dropping [FONT=inherit ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]the [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=inherit ! important][FONT=inherit ! important]tablets[/FONT][/FONT], you will still get support and service from HP. An over the air update is expected at some time for WebOS, and Budgell said that this will increase functionality, of course. µ

Read more: http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2103913/hp-ship-bargain-touchpads#ixzz1VwH6S1La

Last edited:

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I've been trying to get one of these, but not found one at the good price... :/

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info TC - I hope that means that the UK will be getting more stock :)

Same here V_R, but not had any luck. It looks like there are 10,000's of people wanting the same thing and bringing down any site that stocks them with the sheer number of visits - saw Misco, Dixons, Currys etc... all offline for parts of yesterday!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I heard about this offer within days ...could not get hold of one anywhere ...some people are just so alert :(...

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Maybe if Quads can source 1 from the US then i can send him the dough...seems like a plan...Quads ..you there m8 ? lol:bow:

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Maybe if Quads can source 1 from the US then i can send him the dough...seems like a plan...Quads ..you there m8 ? lol:bow:
Import Duty ... will cost an arm & a leg. :rolleyes:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
mucks ..depends on price/gift or whatever....20% max..

Ask a Question