HP Photosmart A618 Printer

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
HP Photosmart A618 Printer

Just a short summary about the HP Photosmart A618. It’s a very neat and compact little device which is very easy to use. It comes with a multitude of slots for all the common camera memory cards. A small pop-up screen is big enough to get a good view of each picture.

There are options to print one, two or four photos per sheet and they can have a border or be borderless. The printer automatically decides whether the photo will be Portrait or Landscape. Cropping the pictures is very simple and straightforward.

The printer also has the facility of Photo Fix as a default setting but it can be switched off if required. This automatically enhances photos by sharpening blurred photos, improving dark areas without affecting light areas, reducing red-eye and improving the overall brightness, colour and contrast.

A variety of frames can be added to photos and the prints are available in Black and White, Sepia and Antique if colour is not required. The date and time can be added to any picture, a slide show can be accessed and the print quality can be set – the best quality pictures take slightly longer to print.

Other features include printing panoramic photos up to 10cm x 30cm, printing passport photos, printing photo stickers and CD/DVD labels and printing frames from a video clip on a memory card. Printing can also be done directly from a camera (PictBridge or USB), from a PC (USB) or from an iPod (USB)

PROS
1. The resulting photos are SUPERB using HP paper and cartridge.
2. It is portable - may be a benefit to some.
CONS
1.A little on the expensive side at about £80
2.It will only produce photos up to 13cm x 18cm.

I like it immensely, it is great for my holiday photos and it was bought by my daughters for my birthday.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for the lowdown on the printer :thumb: I'll move this to the user review forum, as it will mean there will be a link in the photo forum and the review forum - as it is applicable to both :)

How long does it take to print a photo out of interest? I don't think I've tried an inkjet specifically designed for photos - but I've been impressed by thermal photo printers before. If the quality is as good and quality refills are available, that could be a great buy :)

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
How long does it take to print a photo out of interest?

Thanks for moving the post to the appropriate section, Ian. :thumb:

I would say it can print a photo in 30 -45 seconds, quick enough for me.

Ask a Question