HP Photosmart 7660 Installation

G

HP 7660 driver error on installation. Printer works great; Found Hardware error, indicating installation error each time system boots. HP support can't help; I've installed and uninstalled dozens of times. I'm using the latest HP driver. My system is a home computer, running XP home, networked to a second computer, on a shared DSL internet service. Deleted anti virus, anti spam, photo management software, etc., still no luck. As the printer works fine, but it's worrisome not to be able to get it fully installed. I'll appreciate any suggestions.

G

----- Cari (MS-MVP) wrote: ----

If you're connecting through the parallel port, ensure the LPT port is set
to EPP in the BIOS

If it's USB, do a total uninstall and then reinstall as pe
http://www.coribright.com/Windows/Article One.ht

Remember with USB devices, it's software before hardware

Car
www.coribright.co

Nettie said:
HP 7660 driver error on installation. Printer works great; Found Hardware
error, indicating installation error each time system boots. HP support
can't help; I've installed and uninstalled dozens of times. I'm using the
latest HP driver. My system is a home computer, running XP home,
networked to a second computer, on a shared DSL internet service. Deleted
anti virus, anti spam, photo management software, etc., still no luck. As
the printer works fine, but it's worrisome not to be able to get it fully
installed. I'll appreciate any suggestions.

Cari.......... Thanks for your help. It is a USB connection, I bought a new USB cable and have tested the USB site to be sure it's okay. I have downloaded the latest HP 7660 driver, and am using it for the numerous uninstalls and installs that I have done. As this printer uses a disk drive, which has a yellow tag on the Device Manager list, I have uninstalled every application that I thought might be interfering, in some way. With HP support, I have narrowed down the possible problems, but they don't know what the answer is, and think it must be a MS software, or one of the applications I have installed, that is preventing the full installation. The funny thing is, even though I am getting the "Found New Hardware" error of invalid installation, the printer works perfectly, as far as I can tell. I've deleted many of my applications, but haven't a clue as to what to do next. On your recommendation, I looked at the Coribright site, and found an item that indicated a printer install didn't work because the Print Spooler was not started. I will try that, and let your know if it works. Nettie

Ask a Question