HP Laserjet 1022 printer trouble

U

User66

I loaded the CD that came with the Printer. It loaded almost
all software. Then came a page to select the USB port.
I have plugged in the USB cable ends to the PC USB port
and the printer USB port. Then I turned on the printer.
After few minutes, this is what I get -
---------------------------------------------------------
Cannot Install this Hareware

There was a problem installing the hardware:
(usb picture) HP LaserJet 1022

An error occured during the installation of the software.

The driver installation file for the device is missing a
necessary entry. This may be because the INF was written
for Windows 95 or later. Contact your hardware vendor.

U

User66

madevries said:
Download the latest driver from the vendor's website:

I did a search under support for the model you specified and found these
three:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Look..._query=HP+LaserJet+1022&submit.x=4&submit.y=6

Give that a shot and see if it helps!
-md

Thank you so much. In fact I have downloaded the latest drivers from the same address as you have given me. I actually made a CD for the main HP LaserJet Full Feature Software and Drivers , which created a final CD. Date for the files are 12-2006. I have now two CDs, one that came with the printer, and this new one, just downloaded. During loading from the new CD, I am getting the same error as I have posted. To be honest, this is the weirdest HP printer I have used in last 10 years. I had a HP LaserJet 6P, which lasted 10 years, and also have a HP DeskJet 940c, for about 6 years now. It is so simple to load them in a PC from their original software CD.

To be honest, the trouble started, as I was loading the updated version of the software. Almost every week I was receiving a note from Microsoft Explore 6 & 7 Update, that, I need to update the drivers for this printer. I have done that for at least 10 times. Finally, I thought, if I download the latest software and the driver from HP, I don't have to put up with this weekly update anymore. And that's when I got into trouble. This printer does not want to load any new or original software it came with.

Seems like I have only one choice now. I am going to delete all of the revised drivers, and try to load it again. Thanks again. I will keep you posted

U

user66

It worked! I had to open the Device Manager, USB Printing Support,
(which happen to show that it is not active) then Roll Back Driver,
couple of times. Although it is weired, but it is working now.
Thanks for your posting.

Ask a Question