How to Uninstall Norton

An MVP on this forum has advised me to remove Norton Internet Security (2004
version) from my XP machine and use other stuff instead. I'm convinced.

He also advised me that Norton *hates* to be uninstalled, and I should back
up first. I'd appreciate some advice about how to uninstall Norton as safely
as possible.

I don't know how to mess with the registry, and I don't think I have enough
expertise to learn how to do that safely in the near term.

Would it help if I bought some uninstall software? I've seen several
shareware apps that look promising.

Thanks in advance,

SNAT

Shenan Stanley

Sensitive said:
An MVP on this forum has advised me to remove Norton Internet
Security (2004 version) from my XP machine and use other stuff
instead. I'm convinced.

He also advised me that Norton *hates* to be uninstalled, and I
should back up first. I'd appreciate some advice about how to
uninstall Norton as safely as possible.

I don't know how to mess with the registry, and I don't think I
have enough expertise to learn how to do that safely in the near
term.

Would it help if I bought some uninstall software? I've seen several
shareware apps that look promising.

The uninstall software works best if it was there when you installed the
original software. Otherwise - it's just playing a guessing game as well.

Symantec has instructions for the removal of Norton Internet Security 2004..

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...c005b8ac6?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam&seg=ag

( Short Link : http://snipurl.com/owp0 )

I would read through it carefully and STILL backup your important
files/data/emails/contacts/favorites/pictures/documents/spreadsheets/etc -
first..

Mike Hall - MS MVP Windows Shell/User

Use Add/Remove Programs first.. it is important to uninstall the main
programs FIRST.. then after they have gone, Uninstall Live Reg and Live
Update..

If that DOESN'T work, try here..

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...r windows 98/me/2000&osv=&osv_lvl=&seg=--Mike HallMS-MVP Windows Shell/User"Sensitive New Age Thug" <[email protected]>wrote in message Hi,>> An MVP on this forum has advised me to remove Norton Internet Security(2004> version) from my XP machine and use other stuff instead. I'm convinced.>> He also advised me that Norton *hates* to be uninstalled, and I shouldback> up first. I'd appreciate some advice about how to uninstall Norton assafely> as possible.>> I don't know how to mess with the registry, and I don't think I haveenough> expertise to learn how to do that safely in the near term.>> Would it help if I bought some uninstall software? I've seen several> shareware apps that look promising.>> Thanks in advance,>> SNAT>>>>