HOW TO SECURE Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 & even VISTA, + make it "fun to do"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
APK said:
RESULTS USERS WHO HAVE USED MY HOSTS FILE ARE SEEING? OK - THIS TESTIMONIAL SHOULD SERVE THE PURPOSE AS A "NUFF SAID":

----

http://forums.theplanet.com/index.php?showtopic=89123&st=60&start=60

"the use of the hosts file has worked for me in many ways. for one it stops ad banners, it helps speed up your computer as well. if you need more proof i am writing to you on a 400 hertz computer and i run with ease. i do not get 200++ viruses and spy ware a month as i use to. now i am lucky if i get 1 or 2 viruses a month. if you want my opinion if you stick to what APK says in his article about securing your computer then you will be safe and should not get any viruses or spy ware, but if you do get hit with viruses and spy ware then it will your own fault. keep up the good fight APK."

- Kings Joker, user of my guide @ THE PLANET
I’m not sure we should trust a quotation from a one-post wonder in a thread that has been locked. Especially one who claims to have a 400 hertz computer and still gets 1-2 viruses per month (if he’s lucky) despite using APK’s guide, which is supposedly a great way to secure your computer. And especially since “martin.lawrence” from that same thread seems to be APK posting as a sock-puppet and forgetting that he shouldn’t post his e-mail address when he’s sock-puppeting so people don’t realise it’s him. Whoops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question