Windows 7 How to make Windows 7 user's folder private

Reaction score
What I want was actually to secure my account folder, so that other users login to my PC won't be able to access my folder including Administrator users.

Say, in my PC i have create new user called Bruce and a new folder (Bruce) will automatically created in C:\Users. Then i login to my PC as user Bruce and created & save some documents & photos. The next day my colleague login to my PC using his username as John and he has Administrator right and he can browse to my account folder and check my documents.

So, i don't want any users including users which has the Administrator right to access my account (Bruce)folder.

I am sure there is a way to restrict it, please help.

Thanks.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I boot your PC with a floppy disk, err, ok a CD/DVD boot disk, I can read anything I like. :nod:

So I guess I'm saying, don't give access to PC to those you don't trust ... my mother is dead

:wave:

Reaction score
Hi alisampras,

As per my understanding, you want to secure your file:wave: or data from other user's including Adminstrator on Windows 7 is that correct ? If yes I have a solution for this you just need to follow belos steps.

1. Loogin with your account
2. Right click on your folder you want to restrict.
3. Select properties
4. Under General TAB click on Advanced Tab at the bottom.
5. Now check " Encrypt contents to secure data" box
6. Click "OK"
7. You will be back to Properties Window click on "APPLY"
8. You get confirm attribute changes window select "APPLY changes to this folder, Subfolders and files" and click "OK"

So please follow this steps and this folder and files in this folder will be encrypted and apart from you even administrator cannot access this folder. It display's folder and file name but it cannot be opened.

Regards
PCS365.10

Please reply at your convenience.

Ask a Question