PC not able to access all photos - Galaxy A10

Reaction score
Making a birthday card for my grandson, my wife showed me the photos on her Galaxy A10 that she wanted on the card. Connected the phone to my PC and opened the Camera folder, then DCIM folder and about 40 odd photos appeared. Unfortunately, many of the photos I needed were not on the screen. Went to the Card folder, then DCIM folder and checked thru all the photos on the card but the ones that I wanted were not there either. How can I find via the PC the photos that my wife is showing me on the phone screen? Looking at the order of the photos under Camera>DCIM, it appears that the missing photos are either side of some of the photos on the pc screen, so I think I'm in the right place, but the photos are just not available to my PC. How do I access the missing photos? Hope my ramblings make sense!

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Are they in the cloud and syncing to the phone rather than actually on the device?

Google photos? Or maybe the Samsung equivalent?

Reaction score
Thanks for replies. Unfortunately I hate mobile phones and therefore not really familiar with their workings.
Anyway, I don't use any method/software to access and download photos from any mobile phones that I or my wife have ever owned. I just connect the phone to the PC which shows up in Explorer and I head for the DCIM folder and then download the photos I want. Never had a problem until now.
The phone was purchased a few months ago from Tesco and my wife just started using it "out of the box" so I, and certainly my wife, don't know how to use the cloud, so as far as I know, cloud syncing has never been attempted. How do I find out if the cloud is involved in this?

Ask a Question