How to choose an email address in the From field

G

I just switched over from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2000, for small office networking reasons
In Outlook Express when I Create a new mail message the From field has a drop-down menu from which I could choose which of my e-mail identities (personal, work etc) I want the message to be "from"
Outlook 2000 doesn't give me this option when I create a new message and when I click on the From field box a dialogue prompts me to choose an address from my personal address book, but my own e-mail identities (I have six) are not in my personal address book and besides I don't want to have to go scrolling through my PAB looking for myself every time I want to create a new message. (My PAB, imported from Outlook Express 6, doesn't even list names in alphabetical order and I can't work out how to turn this on)
So, how can I get Outlook 2000 to show me the list of e-mail accounts set up on my computer so I can choose one for the From field of each new message I create
I live in Papua New Guinea so technical help is not so easy to access here....

AARO

J

Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]

Do you have Outlook 2000 configured in Internet Mail Only mode or in
Corporate/Workgroup mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of
Help | About Microsoft Outlook.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please
reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

In