How does PayPal work?

Reaction score
I was about to buy something on the internet from a trusted site, but the company only excepts paypal as a method of payement.

So does it work?:blush:

Reaction score
I dont use it now, as I did have a problem.... Just the once.... mind you once was enough????:rolleyes:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Basically, you register for an account which links to your debit/credit card. It means you can send payments to other paypal users for free - they get an e-mail and can cash the money back on to their card. Or, you can receive payments from others (for a small % fee) for services online - such as e-bay.

It works well for small things, but I'd avoid it for high paying items personally (if you are the receiver). I've had problems myself with it, but I still use it all the time for small items as it is very convenient.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... but the company only excepts paypal as a method of payment.
Then it ain't a "real" company ... sorry, I'll say it straight, I wouldn't trust any company that does not accept a credit or debit card.

Me no trust PayPal with a 100' electrified barge pole ... or ebay. Just my personal opinion. ;)

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
By itsme
I
dont use it now, as I did have a problem.... Just the once.... mind you once was enough????:rolleyes:

and a quote from mucks

6 months ago i would have said they were great ..now as an offshoot arm of ebay ..they suck......i will be brief...

1..sunday ...i sell 2 pc games
2.sunday...buyer pays via paypal
3..monday..post games
4..tuesday..buyer recieves games..leaves + feedback
5 wednesday..deposit £23 to my bank account
6..thursday ..paypal investigate transaction..buyer reclaims monies
7..2 weeks l8r ..paypal favour buyer leaving me -£23 on my account and minus 2 pc games
8 complain(very much and strongly) ...nothing any email they sent cannot be replied to..their site and resolution service is sh1t

9..now give me 10 days to bring my account to equal or a positive balance or i will be put in the hands of a debt company unless i prove proof of posting although i have records of emails sent between me and the buyer !!!..(oh by the way they convert all negative balances from GBP to USD every month so you end up paying(owing more)...

Dont touch them they suck big style..money grabbing twats

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Rant over...

Wedding of the year..

Paypal and Mesh :D

Reaction score
Rush said:
Rant over...

Wedding of the year..

You have a right to Rant
nod.gif
As do many others including myself Pay-pal+Ebay:mad: have been one of the same for many a year.>>> Robbing Bar-stuards...... Rant!!!!
wallbash.gif
Rant Over here also:D

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Rush - I remember your earlier thread about it - I take it you got no further update from paypal after eBay suspended that guys account, or any refund?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I have read so much crap about Paypal I wouldn't ever use them.

I have used E-Bay, have purchased about five items, nothing over £60.00, mostly around a tenner.

No problems with E-Bay, 3 of the 5 sellers actually phoned me, and from a phone call you can often suss a person out. Not always, but mostly.

Reaction score
Rush said:
Rant over...

Wedding of the year..

And at least 1 of them likes shafting their customers!
Cheers everyone this has been an interesting thread on a subject i knew nothing about:thumb:
May be paying my credit card is easier & safer:thumb:

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
Cant take no more

By adywebb

Rush - I remember your earlier thread about it - I take it you got no further update from paypal after eBay suspended that guys account, or any refund?

Absolutely nowhere with them...just going to deposit money in and cut my losses..it really annoys me..but i have had enough of there utter crap service..:wall:

Reaction score
you can pay via debit or credit card on PayPal. The company is obviously just using PP as the money handler.

it will be fine

Ask a Question