How do you turn off the option for retaining past search entries?

My computer was used by... annoynomous... to find porn sites using internet
search engines.
So all those explicit terms are now displayed everytime I key in an entry
like say "symphony"... on the 1st "s" ... "sex" appears.
You get the idea. It's damn irritating. So how do I plurge all these past
search entries or turn off the option of retaining such entries?
Thanks

Don Varnau

Hi,
The various Autocomplete options are at IE> Tools> Internet Options>
Content> Autocomplete.

217148 - How to Use the AutoComplete Feature in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=217148

These URLs you're seeing are in the index.dat file in the History folder.
Free History Eraser from
http://smartprotector.com/eraser/free-history-eraser.htm will delete the
History folder (and the index.dat file) and a new one will be created when
you restart.
Or the History folder can be deleted manually:
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm

Or, these may be in a TypedURLs key in the registry. This article explains
the TypedURLs history:
157729 - How to Clear the History Entries in Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q157729
Removing some or all entries is an easy registry edit.

For an easier, safer removal method, go to
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/delcache.htm
and download "DelTypedURL." This INF file will remove all entries.

These two freeware programs will remove some or all entries:
IE Address Bar Editor: http://www.freesoft.fsnet.co.uk/ieedit01.htm
EditURLs: http://www.aandrc.com/editurls/index.htm

You might also want to browse to the Cookies folder and empty it.

You should also clear the IE cache. IE> Tools> Internet Options> General>
Delete files (and delete offline content when that dialog pops up) It's
often recommended that the TIF folder be kept at about 50 MB (Settings.)

These two freeware programs may be helpful:
CCleaner http://www.ccleaner.com/
MRU-Blaster http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/mrublaster.html

Hope this helps,
Don