How do you get rid of soft carriage returns?




Jay Freedman

How do you get rid of soft carriage returns?

If you mean what you get by pressing Shift+Enter, Word calls them
"line breaks" (as opposed to "paragraph marks" that you get with Enter

You can, of course, just select one and hit Delete. To get rid of all
of them, open the Replace dialog and put the code ^l (that's a lower
case ell) in the Find What box, leave the Replace With box empty (or
enter a space character), and click Replace All.

Jay Freedman
Microsoft Word MVP
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so all may benefit.

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question