How do I convert documents to a .doc extension?

i have a document i want to upload somewhere that will only allow .doc as an
extension. my document is in word. i tried to open it in wordpad because that
sometimes uses .doc, and i saw it as an option when i was opening, but when i
tried to 'save as...' .doc was no longer an option. Adobe doesn't support
the file type, either- does anybody knw how to solve this?

leslie

CyberTaz

I don't know what type of file you're starting with, but since this is a
Word group I'll assume it is a Word document file. The .doc file type is the
default used by Word, so you shouldn't have to change anything at all. If
you have already changed it (or Saved As some other file type) open the file
in Word, use File>Save As, then select Word Document from the Save As Type:
list at the bottom of the dialog if necessary.

If it is *not* a Word (or text-based) file to begin with it most likely
*can't* simply be changed to a .doc - each program saves files in certain
formats & just changing the extension doesn't change the file type... In
fact, it can prevent the file from being usable at all.
--
HTH |:>)
Bob Jones

news:[email protected]...