How do I change Notepad's TASKBAR BUTTON icon?

Michel Merlin

I have often a number of IE windows open. I use my XP Pro with Classic Windows interface (not XP or web), and *sans* "Group similar taskbar buttons". To find back easily at any moment the IE window I need amid all the ones showing in Taskbar, I manage to have my IE windows taskbar buttons by series of 5, separated with another program - chosen to be used anyway, or to be using little resources.

Unfortunately, excepted Windows Explorer, those other programs (mostly OE and Notepad) have all their buttons in the same very similar colors, between light blue and light green, so they are undistinguishable from IE buttons (unless excessive expense of my eyes).

Right-Clicking the Notepad icon lets me change the icon, but this while effective elsewhere, has no effect on the icon showing *on the taskbar button*, so my problem remains unsolved.

Anyone can tell me how I change the *TASKBAR BUTTON* icon for Notepad? TIA,

Versailles, Thu 15 Feb 2007 17:03:25 +0100

Elmo

Michel said:
[...]

Try changing the icon in the Associations.. Open Folder Options, File
Types tab, scroll down to highlight TXT, click Advanced, "Change Icon".

Michel Merlin

Thanks for your help. Yes I didn't think of that. It does change icon for all text files (including with extension ".log") in Windows Explorer. Unfortunately it doesn't in Taskbar, neither in Notepad windows themselves. Any other idea? (Thanks anyway for this one that did help).

Versailles, Thu 15 Feb 2007 20:12:50 +0100

----- Parent Message (links are clickable) -----
--
Joe =o)